keep the rednecks (auburn) out

swGAboy

Varsity Lurker
Everyone needs to go down and see how BDS is coming along. It's never looked better. We need to pack it and be as loud as we can. That new North end zone will become a wall of sound to welcome our opponents. Auburn is severely one dimensional and the talk of conference championships with a one dimensional team is ludicrous. They'll be good, but they put their cleats on just as our boys do......ONE FOOT AT A TIME. So everyone do their part...don't sell your tix to a bunch of rednecks. Keep 'em out! Our stadium is much to nice to have livestock herded through the concourses! GO JACKETS!!!
blue.gif

Originally posted by swGAboy:
They'll be good, but they put their cleats on just as our boys do......ONE FOOT AT A TIME.
blue.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes in deed!! That's what I'm talking about.

Love your attitude about our stadium. It looks fantastic. We should all be proud. Have seen recent pictures, but plan on taking a gander for myself this Wednesday for the first time since picking my season tickets.

Goodness, I'm looking forward to the season.

BE LOUD AND PROUD! Go Jackets!

You'll love the stadium. There's a big improvement. You gotta have pride and that's what will get TECH thru this season...no matter what.

Absolutely correct on all counts! Auburn will be "attempting" to put blue and orange (yuk) in our completed and expanded BDS but they can't if "we" take care of our business. Buy some extra tickets, bring some new friends to the games and get them to wear yellow or gold (and no, not mustard...you know who you are...); if we can start to show a minimum of optimism, maybe, just maybe something wonderful could come out of this coming football season. Let's not become naysayers everyone...let's be the class of football fans and get behind our team....GO JACKETS,,,,,BUST THEIR A**...!
drinking.gif

TECH must avenge the 9 game losing streak to Auburn from 1979-1987, ending with a 20-10 loss in Ross' first year at the helm. I suffered through the last 7 of them.

1987 hL 10-20
1986 aL 10-31
1985 hL 14-17
1984 aL 34-48
1983 hL 13-31
1982 aL 0-24
1981 hL 7-31
1980 aL 14-17
1979 hL 14-38

Not only that, but they are 16/19 from 1969. Hopefully, we'll kick a little Auburn butt and punish ol' Ronnie Brown for leaving Cartersville for the Plainsmen.

How sweet would it be to handle BYU and end the losing streaks against Auburn and FSU in 3 consecutive weeks!

Originally posted by gtfan1147:
How sweet would it be to handle BYU and end the losing streaks against Auburn and FSU in 3 consecutive weeks!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">True that, true that.
drinking.gif

blue.gif
this is good...Tech fans looking at the possibilities on a positive front. We have to continue to be "up"; we all know the distractions and how easy it is to agree on the negatives, but each student athlete that is on this Tech team is going in hopefully with encouragement and the desire to play and play well...all we need to do as alums and/or fans is to support them!
Go Jackets....Georgia....you're NEXT!

Tech's going 13-0 and BDS will be sold out every game with 49000 in white and gold. Yea, go jackets!

Just remember guys, its us who controls how many war turkeys there are in BDS. Next year we do to them as UGA does to Auburn every other year. We scalp as many tix as we can and make our presence known thoughout their place.
laugh.gif

OMG! Are you saying that you're a UGAg fan?
rant.gif

To The LumberYard!

Relax, relax......just a comparison. I'll be there cheering for TECH every chance I get.
grin.gif

You guys and gals are right.. we need to take care of business...

As for Auburn.. I think we should just take the same precautions we do for Georgia and Clemson when they visit... make sure there are plenty of spitoons available in the visiting seating area..

And watch where you step... those Auburn fans will dump their chew anywhere

Ignorance is bliss! Its hard keeping rednecks out when you're in Georgia :-).

Im hoping this is just temporary jingoism, I always thought tech fans weren't as trash talking(cant back it up) like their cousins in Athens. SwgaBoy probably cant stand that his part of the state is all orange and blue...

War Eagle!

War Eagle - that's what all the booger eaters say.

BTW, how did AUers collectively become known as booger-eaters, other than the obvious?

Wdestinger, actually I've lived here all of my life and I can count on one hand all the Aubarn fans that I know. But you should recognize rednecks when you see them considering that your school is in Bammer.
laugh.gif
Ok, ok, just teasing - Bama is a nice state. But Aubarn can't win the SEC without a passing game. They should do well but I'm guessing 3 losses are coming your way. Maybe Tech could be one of them........

Back