Keion White - DE Transfer

Old Dominion redshirt junior DE Keion White has entered the NCAA transfer portal.

White is a quietly big name in the transfer market now. Though he only earned 3.5 sacks last season, he racked up a whopping 19 tackles for loss. Only nine players in the entire country had more. At 6-foot-4 and 267-pounds, he is built perfectly to be a strong side end and could contribute for a number of Power Five teams right now. Whether or not White will have to sit upon transferring this year is unclear, but if nothing else, he will be a good addition for a team in 2021.
SOURCE: 247 Sports
Oct 13, 2020, 5:50 PM ET

Pro Football Focus' Anthony Treash passes along that Old Dominion redshirt junior DE Keion White "finished the 2019 season as the 11th-most valuable edge rusher."

Treash notes that White wrapped the fall campaign with a 19.4% pass-rush win rate and a 16.1% pressure rate, both top-20 marks at the position. By traditional metrics, the 6-foot-4, 267-pounder logged 62 tackles (19.0 for loss), 3.5 sacks, an interception and a forced fumble across 12 games played. This outstanding production is made all the more impressive by the fact that White was playing on offense -- tight end, specifically -- back in 2018. Treash ranks White as the No. 6 edge rusher for the 2020 CFB season.
SOURCE: ESPN Plus
Apr 5, 2020, 2:32 PM ET

Last edited:
Warning: this vid is almost unwatchable due to the narration. But gives some film breakdown of White vs UVA last year.

Looks like a great get. Pretty much means Clayton is done too.

You know what’s better than a 4-5 star? An NFL ready DE.
I'm happy to have him.

If he is actually "NFL ready" with a good chance of getting drafted in top 5 rounds, he should declare for this draft and get that money.

My guess is that he is a good NFL prospect, and he can be a pick in a future draft if he adds on to his tape at GT. Looking forward to that!

I'm happy to have him.

If he is actually "NFL ready" with a good chance of getting drafted in top 5 rounds, he should declare for this draft and get that money.

My guess is that he is a good NFL prospect, and he can be a pick in a future draft if he adds on to his tape at GT. Looking forward to that!
Don’t you piss on my rain dance.

tenor.gif

I'm happy to have him.

He didn't have a season this year because of COVID. ODU's entire season was cancelled. He would have only had one year worth of film for NFL scouts, but he definitely put up some video game numbers last year.

I guess White takes Bennett's spot, I dunno about Clayton
If Clayton comes back, he doesn't count anyway because he was already a Sr. I don't think a decision has been made on him (by him) yet because he wants to get his mental health in order first before continuing. My understanding is that the decision is his and if he wants to return, that door is open to him.

Back