Ken S article about practice differences so far

“I ran an offense similar in high school, so learning that playbook now, I kind of referred back to what I did in high school as far as learning plays and footwork and everything, so I’m picking it up pretty fast,” Oliver said.

Well that went full circle pretty quickly

I don't think the transition is going to be as drastic as some are making it out to be. Yes, there will be a learning curve but I think the team will pick it up a considerable rate. They're GT students you know :)

It's going to be weird watching our OL. I've gotten so used to seeing option reads develop, A back motions, wide splits. I hope it's an exciting spread with lots of moving parts and not a boring "dive or shotgun on 3rd" offense. So far it looks like the former, which'll be fun to see.

it's an understated compliment to what PJ left GC that the players are picking up the new O this quickly and look this good doing it.
but ... i'll wait until game 5 or 6. spring game and first game against clemson aren't fair standards for judging. it may take longer than that. Patenaude's offense was 11th in total O (yards per game) the first year in the AAC and seventh the second year.

Bad news. The OL must be really struggling with the transition if we have to give a firearm to our QBs to protect themselves.

Learn to read! It didn't say we gave them the shotgun.

It said that they took snap peas out of the shotgun. So someone on the team must really likes peas and hides them whereever he can.

It's going to be weird watching our OL. I've gotten so used to seeing option reads develop, A back motions, wide splits. I hope it's an exciting spread with lots of moving parts and not a boring "dive or shotgun on 3rd" offense. So far it looks like the former, which'll be fun to see.
It was difficult for me in 2008 for a while to pick up what was going on.

I've been in the same seats now since 2004. 15 years in the same seats is pretty impressive

I think that Supersize over on TOS has had the same seats in the UE since the late 60s.

Looking forward to something other than the triple. Any offense is great to watch when you’re winning, but we hadn’t been doing a lot of that recently, so a change is gonna be good.

Back