Kendall Young Removed from Roster (Temporary)

gtrower

Dodd-Like
www.ajc.com/sports/college/kendall-young-taken-off-georgia-tech-roster-for-academic-reasons/Hv4qlbPBCDNf5OtXA0wl0I/amp.html

For “academic reasons.” Sounds like whenever he gets it sorted out he can be added back to the roster.

Wonder if this will be a common move for CGC for players struggling in the classroom. I like it. Remove the obstacles of practice/meetings and let them focus on getting the grades up before bringing them back into the fold. Of course that’s a lot easier with a true frosh who’s not getting snaps.

www.ajc.com/sports/college/kendall-young-taken-off-georgia-tech-roster-for-academic-reasons/Hv4qlbPBCDNf5OtXA0wl0I/amp.html

For “academic reasons.” Sounds like whenever he gets it sorted out he can be added back to the roster.

Wonder if this will be a common move for CGC for players struggling in the classroom. I like it. Remove the obstacles of practice/meetings and let them focus on getting the grades up before bringing them back into the fold. Of course that’s a lot easier with a true frosh who’s not getting snaps.
Show him how it’s done, JG.

Was originally a Vandy commit with offers from Princeton, Army and Rice, I think he can do it.

Last edited:
Why did AJC consider this "newsworthy"?
It is newsworthy for the AJC because of Young's background (arrest and charges dropped). AJC loves to rake the muck so they'll pay close attention to him.

Also, someone asked about him on another site because they noticed he was off the roster so one of the reporters asked about him in a press conference.

Dang. He’s only been in school for 1.5 semesters or so.

Apparently already been removed from the Ramblinwreck.com roster. Did notice that Brandon Adams is still on the roster - still a teammate through the season.

Has there ever been a UGA player that was sidelined for academic reasons?

The first year is the worst. Adjusting to Tech and getting through weed out classes
This. Adjusting to what’s required to succeed at Tech is the hardest part. I made around a 2.0 first semester, then was north of 3.5 for the remainder.....and I got in because of academics, not athletics....so likely even tougher for the latter.

Back to the point of this thread. I think it is a wise move to allow him to focus on his schoolwork until he returns to the good graces of the academic overlords.

We are *not* a football factory - we expect our athletes to perform in the classroom as much as on the field. If you aren't ready, no problem, take some time and take care of your academic business. We'll wait. And we will all win.

Also, it seems for more than one reason, he will redshirt so let him focus 100% on academics at this time. If he pulls his grades up then he should be good to go with off season workouts.

Back