Kines is top DC prospect (LINK)

Hope his style turns out to be more aggressive here than UGA!
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Originally posted by bizzybee:
Hope his style turns out to be more aggressive here than UGA!
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bizzy,

I was thinking the same thing. But the guy is at FSU coaching LB's. That is probably one of the most aggressive D's in the country.

But his recruiting is fantastic and with the Donnan experience it is hard to judge.

On paper his UGA experience was pretty good. Bugboy posted his points allowed numbers on the Hive and they were very good. At UGA he simply tailored the system to fit the talent. His defenses usually kept UGA in the game and there was no reason Donnan should have fired him. That was a big mistake for Donnan. Kines D gave up 18 points per game his final season as DC at UGA and was fired. Donnan said his high octane offense didn't get the ball enough. Nevermind the fact that Donnan's offense went 1.5 quarters w/o a first down against GT and then Fridge's troops were able to pull out the 21-19 win. Certainly Kines troops did all they could in that game. GT was averaging 38+ points a game. Next thing we know Kines losses his job.

He's been DC at UF, Alabama, ARK, and UGA plus coached at FSU you don't have a bio like that w/o knowing a little defensive footall.

Bugboy posted his points allowed numbers on the Hive
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">bugboy, post stuff like that over here too. You can't find anything on the Hive for all the newbies.
wink.gif

Kines would be a good, solid hire. He's experienced & classy. I think (just my opinion) the only reason he was de-moted at UGA was because Donnan wanted to hire Ramsey by offering him the DC job (my facts may be wrong). I hope this (hiring Kines) turns out to be true.

I think Joe Kines would be a great hire. He has experience, credibility and knows something about the ACC.

UGAg went through several DC's under JD and IMO Joe Kines was a scapedog for the UGAg fans, for as we all know they haven't won the SEC in quite awhile and they are barking.

bigthumbup.gif
bigthumbup.gif
bigthumbup.gif

law_bee, your point about recruiting makes me feel better! Lord knows, we need a good one! We have a lot to catch up on next yr. All this stuff the past 6 wks. or so has been pretty depressing. Nothing to get excited about except BOB not leaving, and that is pretty sad.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Back