Kudos to 790 the zone...

Axe

Flats Noob
has anyone noticed how many spots 790 has been running hyping our opener with Vandy. They've done a lof of cool stuff, with some stuff from the GT band. Very good stuff! Great job 790.

I think they do a good job for the most part. There is one personality that blatantly disrespects GT
rolleyes.gif
but I've learned to tune him out.

Originally posted by Axe:
has anyone noticed how many spots 790 has been running hyping our opener with Vandy. They've done a lof of cool stuff, with some stuff from the GT band. Very good stuff! Great job 790.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Nice promos, but it is a little ridiculous how the red & black has come out today on the Zone. Live remotes from Athens today and tomorrow, the Red & Black report, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Regardless of what is happening tomorrow in Athens: We are the ones opening a new stadium with a new Head Coach. IMHO, I think we should get a little more pub on our Flagship Station.

I agree with ya Coldbeer. Clemson has been a middle-of-the-road ACC team for most of the past 7-10 years and 790 is making it sound as if they are playing FSU or Miami. They were talking about what a great opener it was to face such a great program as Clemson. Huh? We play Clemson, and it's just another game in their mind. I don't get all the hype around that game over in Athens tomorrow. In the '80s it was big, but not since. Most pre-season folks have Clemson 4th or 5th in the ACC.

Today is part of their gameday tour. They will be in Clemson on Sept. 13th for us. New coach or not, UGA vs. Clemson is a bigger game.

IMHO, the promos are outstanding. Remember we had nothing like it on WGST, 790 has helped promote our brand. Their programming is always going to be their programming, I don't expect them to alter basic programming to hype us. Clemson vs. UGA is the biggest game in town this weekend. They are a sports station, so I have no problem with them taking their tour to Athens.

I salute them for the countless promos I've heard this week.

Back