Ladies Tourney Game Today @4:30 espnu

cincyjacket

Dodd-Like
I think the only reason why we got matched up was because our mascots are similar. We are the Lady Jackets and they are the Lady Jacks.

GTCrew4b

Get That Corn Outta Ma Face
lol called it on the tears. Heartbreaking loss for those losers.

The Jacket

The Coat
lol called it on the tears. Heartbreaking loss for those losers.
I came to really dislike the girl who ended up having the last shot for SFA. She got away with a bunch of öööö, not having her feet anywhere close to set on defense or just pummeling through set defenders on offense.

The Jacket

The Coat
Looking like we'll get West Virginia on Tuesday. (4)WVU currently up 14 on (13)Lehigh with 7 to go in the 3rd.

18in32

Petard Hoister
This. The skill level is so low. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. I'm a scrub who's never played organized basketball and I used to hold my own against women's players at pickup games at SAC.

The big thing is they don't jump for rebounds. They wait for the ball to come to them.
What a shockingly 'sexist' thing for someone of your political persuasion to say. You getting red pilled?

18in32

Petard Hoister
I think this may be the longest women's bball game day thread in ST history.

GTCrew4b

As an example of the top heavy nature of the women’s game. Zero upsets. We were the closest one. Most games were in double figures.

South Florida only non P5 school to advance.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
This. The skill level is so low. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. I'm a scrub who's never played organized basketball and I used to hold my own against women's players at pickup games at SAC.

The big thing is they don't jump for rebounds. They wait for the ball to come to them.
You must have been better than a scrub. Tech started our women’s team my sophomore year. A girl that would play on that team was in my freshman aerobics class taught by Coach Hyder. When we played basketball, Robin was the best player on the floor. Whack gave us guys a hard time.

As a JV player my son’s team often scrimmaged our girls varsity, then one of the best in the state. The girls would beat those JV boys regularly.

Duke used to announce tryouts for a squad to scrimmage their women. You had to have been a high school player. The men were good enough to help the ladies practice up tempo, play physical, and against height. But, good Duke teams could certainly beat their practice squad.

I am not arguing that the women play at the level of the men. But, I am pretty convinced the ladies play much better than the average pickup male players. A StingTalk All Star game against the Lady Jackets would be brutal to witness.

Last edited:

The Jacket

The Coat
As an example of the top heavy nature of the women’s game. Zero upsets. We were the closest one. Most games were in double figures.
Most of them seemed to follow the same path. Close for the first three quarters, blown open in the fourth. Best example is probably Syracuse vs South Dakota State. Cuse is a much more talented team, but every lead they gained through the third quarter ended up shrinking, sometimes to a deficit. The final quarter started, Syracuse flipped the switch, and it was painful to watch. SDSU looked completely out of their league. Seemed to happen a few times yesterday.

On another note, in that same game, I saw more of the outright bad officiating we witnessed yesterday. Last I saw, Syracuse had 14 blocks and it became apparent during a replay montage that several of them were straight up blocking fouls. In the process of getting hands on the ball, the Orange would keep their feet moving, collide with the offensive player, hit them on the arms and hands, and none of it was called. It may very well be that they simply realized in the fourth quarter that they could brutalize their opponents with impunity, because SDSU was getting shut down every time they had the ball at that point.

I don't watch enough women's ball to know how common this is, but it's something to keep an eye out for tomorrow.

cincyjacket

Dodd-Like
You must have been better than a scrub. Tech started our women’s team my sophomore year. A girl that would play on that team was in my freshman aerobics class taught by Coach Hyder. When we played basketball, Robin was the best player on the floor. Whack gave us guys a hard time.

As a JV player my son’s team often scrimmaged our girls varsity, then one of the best in the state. The girls would beat thos JV boys regularly.

Duke used to announce tryouts for a squad to scrimmage their women. You had to have been a high school player. The men were good enough to help the ladies practice up tempo, play physical, and against height. But, good Duke teams could certainly beat their practice squad.

I am not arguing that the women play at the level of the men. But, I am pretty convinced the ladies play much better than the average pickup male players. A StingTalk All Star game against the Lady Jackets would be brutal to witness.
I played a lot at SAC. I was short, but have hops. One of my highlights was blocking a dunk attempt. One of my lowlights was trying to take a charge against a football player. I want to say it was Steffan Scotton from the 1990 National Championship team. He ran right over me. It was definitely a charge, but he didn't care. The football players played basketball like it was football.

I also played pickup with James Maddog Munlyn. He was a reserve 7 footer on the Final 4 team. We didn’t let him play in the paint, so he rained 3 pointers. It was amazing because he never even attempted one in his limited minutes.

Edit: Just remembered that it was Marco Coleman that trucked me, not Scotton.

Last edited:

The Jacket

The Coat
If you have any hate in your heart this morning, channel it to San Antonio. The Lady Idiots are taking on mighty Drexel. The tournament has been all chalk so far and I'd like to see Georgia be the first to make an early, shameful, pathetic exit.

GTCrew4b

If you have any hate in your heart this morning, channel it to San Antonio. The Lady Idiots are taking on mighty Drexel. The tournament has been all chalk so far and I'd like to see Georgia be the first to make an early, shameful, pathetic exit.
Never count out a Dragon.