Ladies Tourney Game Today @ 5:30

cincyjacket

Dodd-Like
I always like these re-seeding articles in the tournament after each round. This is our rank according to this fool after the first round. 27/32.

GIT WRECKT, Charlie.
Truth be told. We looked bad in the first game. The WVU game was the opposite. We hit our shots and looked unbeatable.

Now let's choke the chickens!

GTCrew4b

Get That Corn Outta Ma Face
Truth be told. We looked bad in the first game. The WVU game was the opposite. We hit our shots and looked unbeatable.

Maybe we looked bad because we played one of the best defenses in WCB basically in the road. But yeah you’re mostly right.

cincyjacket

Dodd-Like
Maybe we looked bad because we played one of the best defenses in WCB basically in the road. But yeah you’re mostly right.
The biggest difference was Lahtinen. Because of earlier missed shots, she was hesitant to shoot against SFA.

In the WVU game, she hit her first 4 3-pointers. That gave her confidence and opened things up for the bigs.

The Jacket

The Coat

You're not entirely wrong, but I still think this is a somewhat unfair assessment. We started well, then SFA's stellar defense kicked into gear and we had maybe our best player and team leader go down. When the second half started, we were clearly the better team and a 17 point deficit to a very good defensive team was not enough to keep us from battling back for the win. The stymied performance in much of the first half was atypical for Tech, the second half was a return to form. What we saw against West Virginia was a continuation of that, and what happens when we get settled into our game.

That's my issue with the clown's reseeding, is that he used the unusual and temporary faltering as en encapsulation of the team when it isn't.

With all that said, we are going to have to be on point to beat the Cocks. We fall behind like we did against SFA and we are unlikely to be able to come back on our own merits. If we play our game for 40 minutes, we can absolutely hang with and beat them, but it will require nothing less than our best effort for the duration.

The Jacket

The Coat
The biggest difference was Lahtinen. Because of earlier missed shots, she was hesitant to shoot against SFA.

In the WVU game, she hit her first 4 3-pointers. That gave her confidence and opened things up for the bigs.
Agreed, this will be hugely telling in the early going. I also feel that we can't wait until the second half to start hearing from McQueen and Fletcher. There were a few lazy passes against West Virginia, mostly in the early goings, and we subsequently made up for most of them with great defense, either forcing turnovers or disrupting shots. I don't think there will be any room for such ööööery against South Carolina. You can't expect a perfect game, and I don't think we'll have to be perfect per se to win, but we do need to continue mitigating the errors we've seen. We improved our consistency and total effort from the first round to the second, and if we stay hot and continue that progression, we can advance.

cincyjacket

Dodd-Like
Kiera Fletcher better be working on her free throws. She was 2 for 6 and 1 for 3 in the 2 games. Her misses weren't close.

GTCrew4b

Get That Corn Outta Ma Face
God bless the Ducks. Oregon sent the Lady Mutts back to the hell from whence they came today, 57-50. A 3-seed losing to a 6-seed in what's otherwise been a chalkfest. How ööööing embarrassing.
Goodness gracious total embarrassment. Who loses to Ducks?

The Jacket

The Coat
Goodness gracious total embarrassment. Who loses to Ducks?
It's disgusting that they don't have the basic decency to shut down their sports program before they drain every last ounce of dignity from athletic competition.