Lady Hoops Blowout Weak Florist Without Nell

Beej1953

Varsity Lurker
Coach Fortner out on CoVid protocol, but didn’t make any difference. Beat Wake by 17 in a game that wasn’t as close as the final score indicated.

I really like Hermosa’s game - nice inside shooting touch, great court vision, and excellent passer.

Now, if they could just figure out how to shoot free throws…

At one point I didn’t think Wake was going to score 40. Suffocating defense.

/

78pike

Varsity Lurker
At one point I didn’t think Wake was going to score 40. Suffocating defense.

/
They probably wouldn't have if we had kept the starters in.....or if the officiating wouldn't have decided Cubaj and Lahtinen needed to get some rest.

cincyjacket

Dodd-Like
They probably wouldn't have if we had kept the starters in.....or if the officiating wouldn't have decided Cubaj and Lahtinen needed to get some rest.
It's better to give the bench playing time if the W is not in doubt. Will pay dividends later.

78pike

Varsity Lurker
It's better to give the bench playing time if the W is not in doubt. Will pay dividends later.
Completely agree. I was just pointing out to the poster that had we wanted to keep them under 40 we probably could have. I'm sure some of that is attributable to the fact they were missing three starters. And maybe some of it is the fact they really aren't that good even with those starters. We were only the second Power 5 team they have played this year and they have been blown out in both. The rest of their schedule ranks near the bottom of the entire nation. But mostly it can be attributed to the fact they were playing the best defensive team in the nation.

Beej1953

Varsity Lurker
Completely agree. I was just pointing out to the poster that had we wanted to keep them under 40 we probably could have. I'm sure some of that is attributable to the fact they were missing three starters. And maybe some of it is the fact they really aren't that good even with those starters. We were only the second Power 5 team they have played this year and they have been blown out in both. The rest of their schedule ranks near the bottom of the entire nation. But mostly it can be attributed to the fact they were playing the best defensive team in the nation.
Yeah, their 10-1 record coming in looked impressive until you looked at who they’ve played.