Lady Jackets v.Auburn 4pm ACCN

ThomsonJacket

9 in 3
Terrible shooting, turnovers and questionable charge calls...the most GT start to a game ever

The Jacket

The Coat
Missed this one thanks to work. Tough loss, but hopefully we can get ourselves sorted against Hofstra. Want to see us handle business on the road against Purdue and the idiots. Any kinks will need to be ironed out by the time we get back home because UConn will be coming to town.

The Jacket

The Coat
@ThomsonJacket What would you say was the biggest problem tonight?

edit: I was sure I posted this an hour ago, but didn't realize I got hit by the 2quick clock. Rough night for the home team.

ThomsonJacket

9 in 3
@ThomsonJacket What would you say was the biggest problem tonight?

edit: I was sure I posted this an hour ago, but didn't realize I got hit by the 2quick clock. Rough night for the home team.
Missed shots, poor defense and some very questionable fouls. Think we only had 16 pojnts at the half. Just a really bad half that they couldn't out of.

The Jacket

The Coat
Missed shots, poor defense and some very questionable fouls. Think we only had 16 pojnts at the half. Just a really bad half that they couldn't out of.
Well, hopefully it is not anything to panic over. I do not like that it was at home, but I can't claim to know how good Auburn is and it is still early going. We have plenty of chances ahead, and soon, to prove our worth.

ThomsonJacket

9 in 3
Well, hopefully it is not anything to panic over. I do not like that it was at home, but I can't claim to know how good Auburn is and it is still early going. We have plenty of chances ahead, and soon, to prove our worth.
Auburn should've been beat by 15, that's how bad of a half the ladies played. I believe it be an outlier of the season.

The Jacket

The Coat
Auburn should've been beat by 15, that's how bad of a half the ladies played. I believe it be an outlier of the season.
In Nell we trust. Not sure what was up with the cagers this weekend, maybe they feel victim to residual derp from the football team. At least the men were still able to handle the idiots, I'm confident the women will rebound from this to do the same.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
I did not see this game, but I did see the Kennesaw State game earlier. I think our inside players are going to be terrific. But, I felt in that game we might have issues at point guard. We had Lahtinen handling the ball most of the time. This makes it hard for her to be effective with her spot up three point shooting. I wondered how we would respond to aggressive pressure on the ball. I don’t know if any of this was true about today, but I do think we could use a true point guard. I am sure they will make adjustments as the season progresses.

ThomsonJacket

9 in 3
I did not see this game, but I did see the Kennesaw State game earlier. I think our inside players are going to be terrific. But, I felt in that game we might have issues at point guard. We had Lahtinen handling the ball most of the time. This makes it hard for her to be effective with her spot up three point shooting. I wondered how we would respond to aggressive pressure on the ball. I don’t know if any of this was true about today, but I do think we could use a true point guard. I am sure they will make adjustments as the season progresses.
It was some of that definitely. But mostly, just really, really poor effort in the 1st half. I mean head scratching missed lay-ups and 4ft shots and out of control play. I think they were 6 out of 22 shooting in the first half...
Screenshot_20211122-083935_ESPN.jpg

clapper

Dodd-Like
Went to the chalk talk before the game and they spelled out everything they needed to do to stop Auburn. They did damn near none of it. The shooting was crazy bad in the first half and they were getting out hustled. I've never seen so many charges called against one time in an entire game, let alone a single half. Auburn looked like they wanted it more. The guard play looks like it is going to suffer until they find a good rotation now that Loyal McQueen entered the transfer portal.