Last Chance U

GruffyMcGuiness

We Dedrick
anybody watched the new season yet? Jay Jones is the starting QB to begin with. Looks like he’s a whiner and just wants to be given the starting job. Don’t think we’re missing much having lost him.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Was very high on him coming out of HS and thought he’d see the field early. His highlight reel screamed option QB. Had JT5-like quickness and change of direction. Ton of big offers but chose us to play QB IIRC.

Haven’t finished the LCU season, and don’t want to dump on the kid, but it’s becoming clearer why he didn’t work out at Tech.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I may have to watch a bit. I'm sure some of the drama is manufactured for the camera

Athletic Supporter

From a certain point of view
I was surprised when he lamented that at GT, "the quarterback is basically a running back," or words to that effect. You would think he'd have understood the triple option when he signed.

oldgold68

Bitter old man
I can remember when GT night school was Last Chance U.

In order of appearance, it was 1. One of the Group I majors, 2. M Train, 3. Textiles, 4. Night School, 5. Light Weapons-Infantry (Good morning, Vietnam).

jdubjacket

Dodd-Like
There's a quick shot of Dedrick Mills in Episode 4 in the Garden City locker room. :bigcry:

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
I can't believe Jay hasn't figured out yet that he has no long term path forward in football playing QB. Maybe he could play QB for some small school, earn a degree and get on with his life. But as for NFL dreams, nah bro.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
I can't believe Jay hasn't figured out yet that he has no long term path forward in football playing QB. Maybe he could play QB for some small school, earn a degree and get on with his life. But as for NFL dreams, nah bro.
believe the show stated at the end that he is now open to playing WR...

I can't believe he wasn't immediately cut when he refused to go back into the game.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
i watched 4 episodes and I think that's all i can stomach. Can't look at the stupid coach any longer.

JJacket

Pat Carter part 2. We wanted him to play WR. He thought he was a QB. Left GT. Went to Florida, supposedly. Left Florida. Ended up at Louisville playing WR..and never amounted to much. Should have stayed at GT at WR to begin with

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Pat Carter part 2. We wanted him to play WR. He thought he was a QB. Left GT. Went to Florida, supposedly. Left Florida. Ended up at Louisville playing WR..and never amounted to much. Should have stayed at GT at WR to begin with
Not really. We wanted him to be a QB as much as he did. He just wasn’t cracking the DC. And decided he’d rather play JuCo than work his way up. And decided to tell people it was because we never throw. And from watching the season, we should have been his dream school.

JJacket

Not really. We wanted him to be a QB as much as he did. He just wasn’t cracking the DC. And decided he’d rather play JuCo than work his way up. And decided to tell people it was because we never throw. And from watching the season, we should have been his dream school.
Never throw? He was here during the Gailey years, not CPJ. Also, it was clear from seeing him practice that he did not have the arm strength it would take to play QB at GT.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
If Jay had stuck it out here (assuming that was even an option, academically), ironically he would have had a decent chance to start in the slot. And could have been a solid A-back last year (6-1, 190). Now he's 21 years old and not likely to get another chance.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
Never throw? He was here during the Gailey years, not CPJ. Also, it was clear from seeing him practice that he did not have the arm strength it would take to play QB at GT.
JJacket, he's talking about JJones, durr.

CornerBlitz

To be the man you have to beat the man
The coach is everything wrong with football. His style never lasts...it’s unbecoming and players see through it. We’ve probably all played for a similar style coach at some time. We’ve had some at GT. It wears thin quickly.

As for JJ, my guess is he received some bad advice. I hope he gets a chance somewhere. Not sure if it will be at QB.