Last Night's Game...

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
Last Night\'s Game...

Here are the positives and negatives from my POV:

1) Ball was composed and played well. He protected the ball and moved the team. Without all the fumbles, we had a chance to win.

2) Chan's play-calling was not imaginative, but I don't blame him. With a true Freshman QB, I'd be simple myself.

3) Hey RB's and WR's...COVER UP THE DAMN BALL when you're in traffic. Geez.

4) Someone outside of J. Smith needs to be a go-to guy. We can't build an offense around 1 guy like that.

5) Ball looks better on the corner than dropping-back. We need to call plays that put him on the corner as much as possible.

6) Our running game looked decent when we used it, but we didn't do much with it. From what I saw, there's not much speed in the backfield outside of Ball himself.

7) Lots of missed tackles.

8) No pass rush unless we blitzed.

9) Our LB's really are all over the field. That's good, as we'll need them this year more than ever.

10) No halftime adjustments? Our D looked ill-prepared after halftime.

11) We hustled and played hard. We gave it all we had. I appreciate that.

12) The OL played a good game.

I don't take any moral victories from this game. A loss is a loss. We needed to beat BYU badly and we didn't do it. So, I'm not happy today. But I do see a bright future with Ball and I do see a team that plays hard. I'm not gonna mope about this. I'm excited about playing Auburn next week. This will likely be a tough year, but it's pivotal for Chan's regime. This will be the year that he puts his STAMP on the team. It's his offense now and his own QB. Regardless of the record we have at the end of the season, I hope to see a team that competes hard and that shows improvement.

Back