Latest AJC (5/21): Gailey vows to be more involved in academics

Thunder

Damn Good Rat
http://www.ajc.com/gatech/content/sports/gatech/0503/21gtfoot.html

I haven't said anything ever since this whole debacle started because I was waiting for an article like this to show up. I'm going to give Gailey a pass on this one. He says he has tried to monitor his players since January. The article doesn't tell us everything and it doesn't absolve Gailey of all the blame, but it does tell us that at least he wasn't sitting on his ass the whole time. Who knows, Chan may have been livid with Braine all along, but if so, he wouldn't say that in public. It's regrettable that this had to happen before the administration would even consider changing the system in spite of Gailey's lobbying for change.

On the other hand, I think Moore is full of it and needs to be shown the friggin' door.

I agree Thunder.

What is intriguing is the change to "prevent coaches from pressuring those who give grades". The reason that sounds like a crock is that no one has ever accused a coach at Georgia Tech of pressuring anyone to change a grade. In light of all this, if an esteemed member of academia wants to come forward and give us specific examples, we're all ears.

And as far as Moore is concerned, she certainly wants to expand upon her stance from the first AJC quote. This radical is daring somebody to fire her so she can write a book or go to Sports Illustrated.

Let's not fire her and make her a martyr, reassign her to the worst job on campus.

I have more respect for the GT facilities staff than I do for Moore.

Reassign her to head GT Parking and Transportation Services!

What is really unbelievable is the article states that Moore will head up a task force to recommend "solutions" and then follows up with a quote from Moore basically stating that there are no problems. What kind of solutions do they think she can come up with?

Originally posted by Thunder:
http://www.ajc.com/gatech/content/sports/gatech/0503/21gtfoot.html

I haven't said anything ever since this whole debacle started because I was waiting for an article like this to show up. I'm going to give Gailey a pass on this one. He says he has tried to monitor his players since January. The article doesn't tell us everything and it doesn't absolve Gailey of all the blame, but it does tell us that at least he wasn't sitting on his ass the whole time. Who knows, Chan may have been livid with Braine all along, but if so, he wouldn't say that in public. It's regrettable that this had to happen before the administration would even consider changing the system in spite of Gailey's lobbying for change.

On the other hand, I think Moore is full of it and needs to be shown the friggin' door.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT CG IS TRYING SO SOME OF THESE PEOPLE NEED TO GET OFF HIS BACK AND GET IN THE RIGHT PERSON'S FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!
pat.gif

Back