Leonard ain't a got much respect for the Insects of the Institute

FHstinger

Dodd-Like
Leonard ain\'t a got much respect for the Insects of the Institute

Vanderbilt at Georgia Tech
08/31/2002
Bobby Johnson is the new helmsman at the wheel of the Cumberland Cruiser and already there are some choppy waters ahead. The Nashville Navy drops anchor in Atlanta where Chan Gailey and his Humble Bumbles hope their swarming days have come. Anything can happen when these two meet but you can bet the Sailors will have their canons firing away.
Leonard's Loser -- Vanderbilt by 3.
1drink.gif

Re: Leonard ain\'t a got much respect for the Insects of the Institute

Well he is picking us to WIN, just by 3 tho.

Not, surprised Leonard Posttoasties runs second generation operation run out of Athens, GA.

Well, i for one choose to take that as a high compliment to Coach Johnson.
smile.gif

As much as I hate to say it VU wil always be the door mat of the SEC along with KU. I have a great deal of respect for VU but facts are facts.

I'd like to take it as a compliment, but I think the Athens angle is correct.Based in Athens, Leonard is always pro-UGA so he's not going to miss an opportunity to diss Tech.I say Tech beats us by 14. Anything less than 10 will be a major surprise.

According to Max Howell this morning one of his longtime CFB friends (reporter) went to Vandy's practice yesterday. Said "Vandy is the baddest team he has seen in twenty years."

Max stated that Johnson had to start somewhere and that they were likely in for a long season. He also stopped Perry short when he was talking about how big the spread was and gave props to Suggs and the Tech defense. It appeared he thinks we will cover.

As for Leonard I sent him an e-mail earlier this week and told him thanks for the laugh!

As we know, Leonard passed on to wherever loser pickers go, and his son is making a living by continuing his gig. But he needs some new material, as his dad called GT the "humble bumbles" about everytime he mentioned our team.

You don't want to wager any money on what you read at this site, but it can be entertaining, for the first 2-3 times you visit. ;-)

http://percy.leonardslosers.com/ll/games.nsf/siteframe

Beesnut:

First the standard disclaimers: We might be beyond abysmal this year. No one really knows what to expect with a new staff, but last year certainly doesn't give us high expectations of our team's talent level. If you've read many of my posts here or on Vandymania you know that I'm trying to temper my optimism.

Nonetheless, I would be extremely surprised if a Vanderbilt's practice that was open to one of Max Howell's friends showed the full range of our capabilities. For that matter, I thought VU practices had been closed to the public since last week. Since I don't recall who Max Howell is I'm not sure if it's reasonable to expect that one of his friends could make it into an officially closed practice.

In summary there are plenty of reasons to doubt Vanderbilt in this game, so hearsay like this is about the weakest of them.

Back