Leonard Warner

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Well since you went out of your way to read a dwagnation article to piss yourself off, I'll bite.

A guy like Sean Bedford can become an actual engineer while playing for Div 1A team and be an impact player while also being able to graduate from that school with that degree.

This kid can't. He will never be able to. It doesn't matter what he says to make himself look smart or what his grades are.

Do you know what the difference is?

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
The kid's dad sounds like a stand-up guy. I like his attitude.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
The difference is when you hold UGA as your top pick and talk about wanting to major in engineering and becoming an astronaut, you are just saying stupid öööö. You're not serious about engineering. And you won't be those things.

gth874t

Jolly Good Fellow
The difference is when you hold UGA as your top pick and talk about wanting to major in engineering and becoming an astronaut, you are just saying stupid öööö. You're not serious about engineering. And you won't be those things.
This. We'll know if he's legit about engineering or not if/when he picks Tech. Huge disappointment if he goes with the dwags after all this talk about academics being important, etc

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
A GT grad is one of the 12 men to walk on the moon. UGAg has zero.

EastboundJacket

Damn Good Rat
If he doesn't come to Tech...

Well let's just say I know somebody who graduated from UGAgs engineering program.
Does he have a job? Yes. Is it with NASA? No. Will he ever be launched into space? NO.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
there's mechanical engineering and then there's working for nasa. if you want to do the former, you can probably do it at u(sic)ga. if you want to design plumbing systems for convenience stores, that is what u(sic)ga's engineering school was specifically created for. that's what tech ME students who make d's end up doing. and that's not a big knock on them... they are still smarter than 95% of people who go to u(sic)ga.

this kid is smart... very smart, relative to comparably-skilled athletes, and I want him to make the right decision and come to school here at GT. I have no doubt in my mind that he will be better off in life as an engineer if he comes here rather than u(sic)ga.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
One of these doesn't belong: Stanford, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, UGA ........

ee8384

Affable Curmudgeon
His chances of becoming an astronaut with a Tech degree are about the same as him becoming an NFL Hall of Famer with any UGAg degree.

gtleviathan

Dodd-Like
It's pretty simple...

If he wants to be a football player who happens to major in engineering, UGA will fit that bill quite nicely.

If he wants to be an engineer who happens to play football, he'd clearly be better off at Tech.

In all probability, he won't graduate as an engineer. In this case, if he's not going to support himself playing football, he will be much better off with a fallback Tech degree than a fallback UGA degree.