Let's check out our 7 Fla recruits, all-state wise.

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Let\'s check out our 7 Fla recruits, all-state wise.

Some hits, some misses. Some could become real good players. Definite state of exhilaration & perplexion.

Adamm Oliver----1st team 4A all-state DL
Leshawn Newberry-2nd team 5A all-state DL
Reshaun Grant---2nd team 4A all-state RB
Joe Anoai-------2nd team 4A all-state LB
Patrick Carter--honorable mention 3A a-s QB
Chris Dunlap----no mention WR
Kyle Pupello----no mention LB

Florida's all-state teams

Re: Let\'s check out our 7 Fla recruits, all-state wise.

How do you know who is a hit or miss before they have played a single down at Tech? BTW...William Bell was third team all district in Dade County and made no all state teams.

The odds, grasshopper. Do u think they will all be misses? Or hits?

You tell me .......you seem to think you have it all figured out. I suspect you might be surprised when the ones who did not make all state turn out better than the ones that did. But you are the one who is perplexed.

I certainly haven't said they wouldn't. Your assumptions have taken you down the wrong fork in the river. But hey, go the direction that seems good to you.

Originally posted by 83jacket:
You tell me .......you seem to think you have it all figured out. I suspect you might be surprised when the ones who did not make all state turn out better than the ones that did. But you are the one who is perplexed.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Why is this so hard to understand. When you look at individual players, there will be plenty of 'can't miss' recruits that don't pan out and just as many unheralded recruits that have great college/pro careers. However, statistically you will have many more all-state and all-american players become succesful than you will honerable mention all disrict players. Why wouldn't this be true, these players typically were better high school players and they will (on average) become better college players.

Originally posted by GT Ace:
I certainly haven't said they wouldn't. Your assumptions have taken you down the wrong fork in the river. But hey, go the direction that seems good to you.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You certainly have GT Ace .. you have stated that we are into our B and C lists with athletes who have little or no chance of winning the ACC

these are your words, and you have posted these words as long as 2 weeks ago

Kenny Scott is 1st Team in 5a (I think it is 5A).

Also, Reshaun was hurt this year right? I assume he would have been 1st team if not for the injury??

Anyone know how classifications work in Florida?

The more students the higher the classification? 1A the smallest and 6A the biggest??

Lionel-Scott hasn't happened, but would be a great p/u for GT. Grant dislocated an ankle & it may have affected him being selected 2nd team, but the 1st teamer is very good also. His ankle may affect him taking a rs in '03. Most students in Fla=6A, least students=1A.
Goldmember-U are exactly right.
Ylojk8-Total stretch as there will be a few 'no mentions' who play better than an all-state, but very few. The 'deleted after 20 minutes' statement u refer to certainly holds water as it refers to the class as a whole. (Thanks for reading all posts, tho).

GT Ace .. don't flatter yourself thinking that i'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for every word that you post on these message boards .. LOL

i'm just a freaking idiot with too much time on my hands.

why did you delete that post after 20 minutes if it holds water? hmmmm?

you have judged our recruits by saying that we have gone into our B and C list with athletes with little or no chance of winning the ACC ..

then in this post you deny that you have done any such thing and tell people that they are making assumptions about you and then tell them that they've taken the "wrong fork in the river"???

In any given year in the state of Florida, Dade and Broward Counties produce by far the largest number of division 1 scholarship players in Florida. There are lots of players from these counties who don't make all-state (all state teams are political and usually selected by Newspapers)who are starting at colleges all over the country. Pat Thomas(LB for NC State) is one that comes to mind.

ylojk8- the post was deleted as it was in reply to another post that was trying to make it's own point. Pour taste on my part to step on his thread with a reply that would totally take away from his post & put the emphasis on my reply. The error was where the post was placed.
I have never said a 'no mention' could not make a very good college player as that would be asinine & so untrue. I do not deny that in a 20 minute post I said we have gone to B & C list players who will have little or no chance of winning the ACC.
Thanks for keeping it alive, tho, & I may yet do a post on this subject. We'll see, shortly.

Originally posted by ylojk8:

i'm just a freaking idiot with too much time on my hands.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Very well said.
wink.gif

Back