lets just say if oleary did leave who would you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purely on a what if basis! I have always liked the idea of the head coach being a past player from the school. To me, that is the ideal situation, however, you don't always get the ideal situation.

I was glad that Roof took over the defense, and hoped he would do well and take over the head coaching job in some future time frame. At the present, not really knowing the problems, I am completely at a loss as to whom should be the next HC if O'Leary were to go to ND.

I like to have continuity for the players left behind when a coach leaves, but, it is understandable, it can not always be accomplished.

Some thoughts: I have read some posts and news items that indicated O'Brien was an intelligent individual and a very likable person. It is to his advantage, that Ralph thought highly of him. It has also been suggested that he would not be an assistant long before the schools would come running to get him as their HC.

If all of that is true, then he appears to be a candidate to move up to the HC position. Maybe keep Roof as DC or move him to OC and bring in another DC. If a person is to become a HC in the future, shouldn't he have experience on both sides of the ball?

If it sounds like I am rambling, maybe I don't have a good idea at this time.

Where is the confused Icon?

I have already heard a few names

guy at stanford -- wellington?
ga southern -- paul johnson
how bout the guy that started it all BOBBY ROSS

I feel that Braine could get a great coach here.

O'leary is currently in the list top 15 paid coaches

I think it would be a mistake for Big Bee to leave Tech. The ND fan base would be all over him after the one year grace period. He should stay at Tech, where we get mad, but we forgive and keep supporting him. This is the best place for Big Bee. If he goes to ND, he'll regret it.

Bug,

I believe you are probably right, but I want the GT job to be mutually exclusive I DONT WANT anyone who does not bleed GOLD. I personally think Big BEE does bleed gold and that he will feed his ego with this for awhile and then walk away from the ND offer.

Just remember how it played out when Cremins flew up to southbend. The GT program was never the same. Then he does that SC debacle.

I wish Big Bee the best and I know no matter what OUR PROGRAM will not only survive but will grow.

upload_2019-11-23_14-0-46.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back