lol Big 12

I don't really understand that. Surely Texas and Oklahoma could sell the place out?

They might not sell it out completely but they'd sell a lot more than 74k (if the Big 12 were to graciously allow it)

What exactly are we laughing at here.

Big 12 title game is in Jerry World. It seats over 100K. Big 12 only allowing 65K seats to be sold with another 10K for standing room only.

I guess they're thinking they can make more money by restricting supply.

That's all I got as to a theory.

Big 12 title game is in Jerry World. It seats over 100K. Big 12 only allowing 65K seats to be sold with another 10K for standing room only.

I mean, 70k for a conference Championship game isn't a bad number. I can understand reducing capacity in general. Anything not involving UT or OU is going to struggle to sell 70k but that's not an indictment or anything.

I've often thought that for anything but big games with large traveling fan bases we should have temporary reductions in capacity...a graphic tarp over the top sections of the upper north in an effort to fill in the gaps in the other areas of the stadium.

My guess is they were planning for a weakly attended championship game and didn't have the foresight or competence to build flexibility into the plan in case Texas made it.

Looks like tickets on Stubhub are ranging from $12 in the endzone to under $30 in the corners. Prime seats in the range of $130-$180.

Edit: By comparison, you need about $300 to get in the door of the SEC Championship, closer to $1000 for prime seats.

Last edited:
Did Pitt v Clempson sell out?
No. Ticketmaster still shows some blue.

upload_2018-11-30_10-30-22.png

Looks like tickets on Stubhub are ranging from $12 in the endzone to under $30 in the corners. Prime seats in the range of $130-$180.

Edit: By comparison, you need about $300 to get in the door of the SEC Championship, closer to $1000 for prime seats.

Wow, that is crazy. How can Texas-Oklahoma in Dallas be such a weak draw? Is it because they already played this year?

It isn't a weak draw. The way I understand it is that the Big 12 picked the stadium configuration before the matchup was announced. Had they ended up with some weak TCU - WVU game or something like that, they didn't want to sell seats for the full 102,000 configuration.

SRO seats going for $54. Cheapest seats are $75. Cheapest lower level are $225.

It isn't a weak draw. The way I understand it is that the Big 12 picked the stadium configuration before the matchup was announced. Had they ended up with some weak TCU - WVU game or something like that, they didn't want to sell seats for the full 102,000 configuration.

SRO seats going for $54. Cheapest seats are $75. Cheapest lower level are $225.

Jacket67 said endzone seats are going for $12. That would be indicate the event is a pretty weak draw.

Cheapest ticket on StubHub -Standing Room Only
...and remember, "Fees help you to have a safe, global marketplace where you can get tickets to your favorite events."

2018 Big 12 Football Championship Tickets (Texas vs Oklahoma)
Saturday, December 1
11:00 am -AT&T Stadium - Arlington, TX

1 Ticket
Order total (USD)
$66.10
Ticket price
1 x $53.00
Service Fee
1 x $10.60
Fulfillment Fee
1 x $2.50
Fees help us bring you a safe, global marketplace where you can get tickets to your favorite events.

Congress should put a tax on ticket fees of 4000%. In 2018 ticket transfer fees shouldnt exceed a buck. Its highway robbery at a buck.

Back