Long Thought Over Coaching List (long)

Here it is... my mind is numb now... lemme know what you guys think.

From most attractive to least attractive
Academic Atmosphere and Success are rated on a scale of 1-5, with five being most similar/most successful

Coach, Experience, Academic Atmosphere, Success, Overall (1-10, 10 best)

Jim Grobe, Wake Forest, 4.5, 4.8, ----- 8.8
Grobe made a 1 win Wake Forest team bowl eligible, and is dealing with subpar talent and facilities. If not for Fridge, he would have garnered ACC Coach of the Year. Wake also has similar academic rigor. Grobe brings an element of physicality to his teams -- something Tech dearly misses. The more you think about Grobe, the more attractive he becomes...

Mike Kruczek, UCF, 3.5, 4.5 ----------- 8.5
Kruczek offers valueable Florida recruiting ties, and has done well with basically leftovers in the state of FL. However, UCF's Academic Requirements aren't as rigorous as Tech's.

Charlie Strong, DC @ SC, 2.8, 4.2 ----- 8.0
Strong has done well at South Carolina, being a key part of the "Holtz Miracle" While South Carolina does have an Honors College, I venture to say few if any of the starters are enrolled in it. This gives a blow to academic rigor. Also, you cannot give him a high success rate due to his lack of coaching experience. We don't have a chance to fully see what he can do.

Forster, VT, 4.1, 4.0 ----------------- 6.5
Another coordinator, however Strong is a better candidate. The only advantage of him over strong is the VT curriculum is harder.

Bobby Ross, ex-GT, n/a, n/a ----------- 4.5
Ross hasn't been subject to Tech's requirements in awhile, and I'm not sure he was there long enough to completely adjust the first time. On top of that, an investment in an aging Ross isn't an investment for the long term. A young head coach is best for this program.

Mac McWhorter ------------------------- 0
We shall have NO Georgia grads as head coach

The verdict: Grobe or Kruczek