Looking Forward To Wed. Game!...

DawgByte

Varsity Lurker
I'm amped about the upcoming UGA vs Tech basketball game. I really like the look of this Georgia basketball team. Damien Wilkins is an eye opening player and we have a true freshman named Wayne Arnold who was the top guard in the state last year as HS player. Arnold can light it up from downtown. Jarvis is a stud, but is getting out of the blocks a little slow this year. If Georgia had a center we'd be a real threat, but the fact that we don't is going to kill us down the road. Big teams can pound inside on us all night long just like Texas did. Too bad Lamptney the 7 footer from Oklahoma didn't qualify cause we could use his height and size against the Jackets.

What do you guys think of this game?

Wrong board, Dawgbyte. That belongs on the BBall board.
tongue.gif

You guys are really going to have your hands full Wednesday night. We've got 6 guys 6'8" or taller and they'll all get minutes. Aside from Luke Schenscher, they're all athletic and can run the court. From what I've seen, they all play well on defense.

You'd better hope your shooters are on because I don't see UGAg getting many second chances on offense - and on the other side, you'd better be fundementally solid (blocking out/positioning) because Bosh & Nelson both have a nose for the ball when rebounding.

My main concern for GT is how our backcourt handles the ball during the press.

UGA will be tough to beat, but their #1 problem is depth. They only go 5-6 deep and our team is about 9-10 deep, and we play up-tempo ball. The dawgs play half-court and will most likely be completely worn out. I can see us losing in the first half but winning it at the end.

Back