Looks like Geis is confirmed?

buzzy bee

Varsity Lurker
If so ..does anyone know why he has not coached anywhere (pro or college) the last couple of years? Interesting to hire a coach who has been out of coaching the last few years.

The story in the Macon Telegraph made mention that he had been out of coaching the last two years. Common sense would seem to suggest that a great offensive mind would have no problems finding employment. But maybe there is an explanation that will satisfy most of us. I surely hope so. There is one thing for sure and that is we will be unified concerning Chan after this season. I don't see but one home game that we should be the favorite to win and it will not be a pushover. This is one season that I'm dreading because I'm afraid it will get ugly in a hurry.

Sounds like he's been doing alright for himself. I used to live on the beach and I can tell you it's a hard life. Hopefully, he's tanned, rested, and ready to kick some butt!

'03 will be a critical season for CG&Co. and I'm pretty sure they're aware of it's portent. I think Chan's going to get it done but this coming season will be a crucible. BYU or Vandy either one won't be a cakewalk, as away games, as well as Wake and UVA away. Every other game should be very competitive with the possible exception of Dook. Still, with what looks to be a pretty challenging schedule I don't think .500 ball will be easily administered. Expectations are high and disappointment will be in direct ratio.

GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!

Let's not fire him before we kick off the season. He has made many changes in his staff and it seems a different attitude from him. Lets wait and see how our team plays first before we come out with the checkbook. Many have said that the Tech family will be together as it pertains to Chan after the 2003 season is played and I totally agree with that. I think we can safely project what type of coach we have after this upcoming season.

My glass is half full. I believe we can win 4 games next season. I also believe overall attendance will increase, meaning we will have extra $ for any sudden expenses we may have at season's end.
Go Chan.

Back