Lucas Johnson

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Can we get a medical redshirt for Lucas Johnson? This would make him a redshirt sophmore with 3 years remaining.

Unless they changed the rules, you petition for a medical redshirt at the end of your eligibility. Seems like a slam dunk candidate considering he missed every game, but let’s be honest, who knows what the NCAA will decide.

Lucas Johnson Article when he flipped.... He played in a Triple Option scheme his freshman year of High School... Then they switched offense.... I think Lucas can start for us if we do not get a grad transfer and we can be really....really ...really good. He choose GT over Air Force, Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, Cal, Colorado, Nebraska, Oregon State, San Diego St and UCLA

High School Stats....
PASSING
Year / Cmp. Att. Yards Int. TD

So. / 59 / 116 / 1,123 / 3 / 7
Jr. / 118 / 236 / 1,456 / 9 / 13
Sr. / 177 / 305 / 2,571 / 4 / 26
Totals / 354 / 657 / 5,150 / 16 / 46

RUSHING
Year / Att. / Yards / Avg. / TD

So. / 68 / 628 / 9.2 / 8
Jr. / 92 / 648 / 7.0 / 12
Sr. / 105 / 1,166 / 11.1 / 14
Totals / 265 / 2,442 / 9.2 / 34

Link
https://hs.utpreps.com/news_article/show/607090-qb-left-south-with-georgia-tech-on-his-mind

Unless they changed the rules, you petition for a medical redshirt at the end of your eligibility. Seems like a slam dunk candidate considering he missed every game, but let’s be honest, who knows what the NCAA will decide.
Correct. Should be an easy waiver if he wants to be in college for 6 years.

Lucas Johnson Article when he flipped.... He played in a Triple Option scheme his freshman year of High School... Then they switched offense.... I think Lucas can start for us if we do not get a grad transfer and we can be really....really ...really good. He choose GT over Air Force, Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, Cal, Colorado, Nebraska, Oregon State, San Diego St and UCLA

High School Stats....
PASSING
Year / Cmp. Att. Yards Int. TD

So. / 59 / 116 / 1,123 / 3 / 7
Jr. / 118 / 236 / 1,456 / 9 / 13
Sr. / 177 / 305 / 2,571 / 4 / 26
Totals / 354 / 657 / 5,150 / 16 / 46

RUSHING
Year / Att. / Yards / Avg. / TD

So. / 68 / 628 / 9.2 / 8
Jr. / 92 / 648 / 7.0 / 12
Sr. / 105 / 1,166 / 11.1 / 14
Totals / 265 / 2,442 / 9.2 / 34

Link
https://hs.utpreps.com/news_article/show/607090-qb-left-south-with-georgia-tech-on-his-mind
Cal was recruiting him to play in the Air Raid offense. I was worried that he wasn't quick enough to run the option, but I think he'll be an excellent fit in a spread. I would think that if he ends up starting and wants to stick around, the medical redshirt is a no-brainer.

You normally only get one redshirt so since he already redshirted his first year it is unlikely he would get a second redshirt. I think the only guys who get six years to play 4 are the ones who have lost two years to injury.

You normally only get one redshirt so since he already redshirted his first year it is unlikely he would get a second redshirt. I think the only guys who get six years to play 4 are the ones who have lost two years to injury.
A medical redshirt year should be independent of a normal redshirt year. As I've said before, players should get four years of competition and a max of 5 or 6 years on scholarship depending on whether they have a medical redshirt year. The duration should not matter.

Send him on a mission to teach the players in Athens how to read. Call it the moron mission rule and give him a free two year exemption

Back