Lunch w/Coach Gailey recap...

GT98

Dodd-Like
[ed note: some of the info. was the same from the call-in show yesterday and it was omitted]

Wes Durham:

Toe meets leather at 6:05 pm. Yellow Jacket Alley at 3:30. Arrive earlier than normal due to new entrance procedures into the stadium. For those of you who have not received the letter from the GTAA, refer to the signage around the stadium (or check ramblinwreck.com) to get to the proper gate. New turnstiles and security will slow things down initially; get there earlier.

Wear gold--whatever shade you may have or that you think is gold, wear it. Be a participant, not a spectator.

Also, preview show tomorrow @ 11 am on Fox 5 for those in the metro area; check listings for Fox Sports Net for those out of towners.

Coach Gailey:

Defense will have to carry us early on. Talent on offense is good, but it takes some time for a new QB, new tailback to "gel." More flexibility (ie. better depth) on defense for substitutions--Henderson, Holiday, Ather Brown will play a bunch. Tenuta's style--attack, attack and attack somemore. We will use multiple looks on blitzs, stunts, etc.; but without leaving the corners "on an island." Coach said that in order to see how that is done, you'll have to be in attendance.
wink.gif

Injury update: Jonanthan Smith is out (ankle sprain not fully healed). Ford is out. Gary Johnson is out.
Good news on injuries--Hester will play, Reggie Koon is back as well. [ed note: thank god the receiving corp. is deep]

As reported yesterday, expects Vandy to stick w/Johnson's style--option play and get their go to receiver, Stricker involved. Vandy has switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3 base defense. Vandy does not blitz much, except on 3rd down. Plays back more on 1st and 2nd down to make the offense earn yardage down the field as opposed to getting yardage on big play chunks.

Thanked the fans for a sellout. Players are PUMPED to be playing tomorrow night. On 3rd down, stand up and yell; wants home games to be "nasty" for our opponents. Does not want the opposing team's QB to be able to hear on 3rd down or communicate to his teammates.[ed note: those in the lower west can do their part here
wink.gif
]

Recruiting: Job is to bring in players that can win the conference and beat Ugag. Also wants to bring in kids that can graduate. Key job for the staff is evaluation; finding the kids who will continue to progress. Will be recruiting all over the country, emphasis on the South w/Texas as well.

GO JACKETS!!!

Thanks! One thing I like about Coach Gailey, is focus on fan participation (Coach O'Leary as well), but Coach Gailey gets into specifics and realizes that games can be won and lost by our helping our team. Good example of 3rd down!! Wearing our colors has always been important but he emphasizes it all the time!

We all need to respond! Go Jackets!

Thanks for the Report.....Watchout for "Ramblin Buzz" tomorrow ! Many Thanks, John Southard, GT 33

Thanks for the recap! After watching future opponents last night, I'm as anxious as ever to evaluate our team!

What's the good word?!

THWG

What happened to Gary Johnson ???
I haven't heard about him, whats up ?

Thanks

Coach Gailey really talked hard about it being "nasty" in the stadium for other teams to play in. Said they should NOT ONLY be able to hear on 3rd downs because of noise, but should be able to FEEL the crowd!!!

GOO JACKETS!!!

I'll be doing my part in the lower west. Count
on at least two rabid GT fans to be down there
screaming on third down.

Back