Macon Telegraph v. AJC

forensicbuzz

Varsity Lurker
Does anyone else seem to feel it or is it just me. It seems that either the AJC reporters (including the upgraded writers) aren't able to get the scoops, or they just aren't writing about it. Granted, most of the important info is behind the iron curtain now, but even before it seemed like none of the coaches want to talk to the AJC reporters, even the beat writers.

On the otherhand, either you've got incompentance at the AJC (probably) or the coaching staff feels the MT is actually interested in promoting Tech Football. Because I've been terribly impressed with the coverage of the smaller paper. The articles are more relavent to the needs and interests of the Tech fan. I've been on the board for about six months now, and I've gotta say (even before the iron curtain) the MT was much more quoted than the AJC.

What a sad state of affairs. As a continuation, I'm tired of being treated as an also-ran on the Sports talkradio. I know we probably get more props on Two Live Stus, but I have a real hard time listening to them for any appreciable time. 680's afternoon programing is a joke.

Anyway, I'm pumped for Clemson. Gotta take care of a 20month old, so won't be at the game. However, wife takes boys camping, leaving me undisturbed for the game. Yea!!!

I've been saying for the past two years that Macon has much better coverage of Tech...And now that AJC is making us pay to get Tech articles online... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

I'd say another benefit that the MT has had over the AJC has been the tenure of the beat writers. In the past 3+ years, I believe we've really only had two different guys writing for the MT and that familiarity probably leads to more and deeper answers than the revolving door of reporters that the AJC provides.

I know the lady that owns the macon telegraph, she also owns the arena football team here in macon. I was the equiptment mamager for her team in their first year. Well I dont know how [censored] runs downhill at the telegraph but i know in the case of the Macon Knights (her af2 team) she does everything right and she does everything fair! She is a truelly great woman.

Believe it or not the editors at the AUC stop a lot of articles written by the beat writers. Don't blame the beat writers for not getting the stories out.

Let\'s not fall all over ourselves

about the Telegraph. Today they had about 1/2 of a page on Tech and 2 pages on Georgia's stunning win over Ga. Southern.

Brian Murphy does an excellent job of reporting at the Macon Telegraph. Lots of good insight in his articles. The AJC's coverage stinks. Their sports reporters are showing signs of being fat and lazy.

I'm going to go as far as to say that the Macon Telegraph is THE premier location for Tech news. If you're looking for a one-stop-shop on Georgia Tech news, you can't go too far wrong by clicking on the MT's website.

The AJC has too often had stories that reveal their anti-Tech bias. For example, when Jonathan Smith's Peach Bowl ring appeared on E-bay, they tried to drum it up into a scandal. Well, that turned out to be a dud. But man, did they ever put a lot of energy into trying to whip up a firestorm over that. Maybe it was to divert attention from the Harrick UGA scandal. Can't remember if that was around the same time. The AJC just flat sucks. I hate to use that word, because it sounds so ignorant, but there really isn't a better word for it. The AJC sucks.

Back