"Manic Depressive"

floridajacket

The Real DB Cooper
I saw that on the Hive game thread and thought it was a good description of some people's reactions during the game. First, relax a tiny bit people. At the end of the day, it IS just a game.

Second, you know, I'm really sure CPJ would have done better if he just listened to people saying "STOP PASSING DAMMIT!!" But if you didn't notice, our runs weren't getting much traction either and I don't think a 1 yard run is too much better than an incomplete pass.

That all said, win or loss, this was the worst game GT has played in CPJ's tenure. Worse than LSU, and it's not even that close. When we lose, we always gives ifs and buts, but we don't want to think that outside of a very long TD and two special teams plays, Clemson soundly dominated the scoreboard.

And to be honest, I'm not sure of all the reasons why other than our OL was DOMINATED. Clemson also did best against our OL last year of any team, except perhaps LSU. Hopefully it's the same way this year and our OL can grow a pair for the rest of the season.

Second, you know, I'm really sure CPJ would have done better if he just listened to people saying "STOP PASSING DAMMIT!!" But if you didn't notice, our runs weren't getting much traction either and I don't think a 1 yard run is too much better than an incomplete pass.

1 yard>0

No fumbles<2 INTs

I do need to settle down. As someone with disorders that worsen with stress, I need to chill out.

It's just that I had such high expectations for this year. I really, really hope we stop passing. If we can't do it with a 55% chance of getting it completed and without interceptions, then maybe we can pass. We can run it, even if it's unsuccessful at times. You saw it in the last drive. I am just glad our special teams are doing well and that Tarrent and Morgan are excellent.

I did hear from someone that Clemson would probably give us our hardest defense though. If it's true, then we may be good for a while.

1 yard>0

No fumbles<2 INTs

9+ yards > 1 yard. The single play that won the game for us, if I had to pick one, was our conversion on 3rd and 9. Granted, the A-back (Tarrant, IIRC) was WIDE open, but that broke us out of our slump.

And looking back at some scout rankings, Clemson is absolutely loaded at DL if stars are to be believed at all. Ricky Sapp was ranked higher than CJ Spiller when he came out of high school. Hopefully, like last year, our OL will perform much better against other teams.

I hate to post so often but the keywords "manic depressive" come up and it's a trip down St. Andrews Pier, isn't it? That's what makes it sexy. A glass of tea and few shallow oysters.

Bitch.

And looking back at some scout rankings, Clemson is absolutely loaded at DL if stars are to be believed at all. Ricky Sapp was ranked higher than CJ Spiller when he came out of high school. Hopefully, like last year, our OL will perform much better against other teams.

Yeah, let's give CU some credit. Their D-line IS the best that we will see this year (UNC's is 2nd). Still, we had 301 yards rushing against them. Both of CU's DE's will be playing on Sunday's.

I still think we are more manic pessimists than manic depressives. :D

Easy game to get down on the Jackets but in the end they found a way to win. That is what struck me last year as the biggest change over Gailey. And we still found a way to win tonight. I'll take it.

That is what struck me last year as the biggest change over Gailey. And we still found a way to win tonight. I'll take it.

Good point. A blown lead like that with ****** at the helm would have resulted in an L. Then he'd have made some stupid remark about this really just being the "pre-season" since it was a non-Div game.

Back