Manny Diaz back to the U

pandajacket

Varsity Lurker
After he gets one more cheese steak he is Miami's new head man per Bruce Feldman.

This deserves its own thread away from the underachiever retirement thread.

Hmmm. Just saw Richt retired. I guess I’m way behind the times.

Sheee, hope that doesn't mean they (Temple) offer HC to one of our guys coming.

OUCH.

This probably ticks off Collins so bad. Can't wait for revenge in '19!

Miami's going to pay Temple Diaz's 4 million dollar buyout since Miami didn't have to pay Richt.

Well that softens the blow for them, to be sure. They should have a nice stash at this point.

No idea if this is a good hire for Miami. I would suspect their fans wanted a bigger name.

You have to imagine Collins must be pissed now because at this point there's a good chance Temple may promote one of Collins coordinators to be HC.

You have to imagine Collins must be pissed now because at this point there's a good chance Temple may promote one of Collins coordinators to be HC.

Oh I'm sure. I'm hoping it's Ed Foley. Can't help but to like the guy. Maybe Coach Pat stays behind if he is the choice? I wouldn't mind Applewhite as OC. With Diaz at the helm at Da U I'm sure his first call will be to Tee to offer the OC gig.

And if they don't, is there a hidden message there?

I could see Temple going after Kiffin, the coach at UAB, or some other name bigger than our new coordinators with the $4 million they just made off Diaz.

I doubt it. Not sure any of us thinks the Temple coordinators have sufficient resumes to warrant a G5 job (and a pretty good G5 job, all things considered – they've been very competitive the past several years).

I could see Temple going after Kiffin, the coach at UAB, or some other name bigger than our new coordinators with the $4 million they just made off Diaz.
Clark just signed an extension at UAB and I think Lane is waiting around for the Auburn job to open up next year. I could see Temple going after Applewhite though. The problem is with National Signing Day coming up, bringing in a new guy is going to take time to assemble a staff and that doesn't leave much time to recruit and shore up a class in less than a month.

Back