many POSITIVES from the game!!!

law_bee

Dodd-Like
1. this is a suppose to be a down year yet we play NC better in the dean dome then perhaps we have in the past 10 years.

2. we controlled the game dispite an 18 turnover performance

3. the young players played well and they are coming along.

4. the team is definitely improving and even though this was a loss it was an away game in the dean dome and clearly a MUST win for NC.

5. At the beginning of this season I felt that the NIT was our destiny this year, after today I think that we may have an outside shot at the NCAA's.

6. this team will be a tough win for any acc team this year and I believe we go .500 in the league.

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
I see signs of good things in the freshmen, but I also see inconsistency. They played good at times and poor at times. I had predicted they would win 17 games this year, but I may have overstated it.

I will just enjoy watching them progress this year, but will expect much more next year. This year will be a struggle for the team, coach, and fans. The good thing is we getting what we expected from this bunch. Hard play by all of them.

LetMeOut

Varsity Lurker
For those of you that aren't stuck with ATT(sic) Broadband and were able to watch the game, was the officiating as poor as I heard about?

I haven't been able to see Tech play in person yet but absolutely loved what I saw on TV for the Wisconsin game. I can't beelieve we don't have another home game till the 21st! Ugghhhh.

law_bee

Dodd-Like
I was watching on a small tv at the bar, b/c nfl on all the big ones at and MY BIG TV AT HOME HAS ATT CABLE nuff said.

I couldnt tell if we were getting ripped by officials and I had a hard time hearing the audio. I know we got in the bonus and the double bonus VERY EARLY in the second half.

But I tell you it was a MUST WIN for carolina at their home, and I felt we controlled the game but for the last 3:00.

I see the game for what it is. It is a bridge to our young guys learning. And I would rather them learn on the road then at home.

yellowjacket

Varsity Lurker
It was anothe ChapeL Hill Jobbing...UNC only had five fouls called on them in the second half...we got whistled for some questionable stuff including the one thas fouled Brooks out at the end. Fox SS had Phil Ford and Kenny Smith as analysts...what homers...As the game ended Ford was screaming : "we won, we won, Carolina wins" Puke..I hope the heels don't win another game...ever!

sandlapperjacket

Varsity Lurker
I enjoyed watching the game on TV. Its really nice when expectations are low and you can see the team improve with each game. I thought we played much better defense than the other three games I saw. In the Penn game we looked pretty disorganized. Muhammed has really picked it up over the last two games. Lane played one of his better games also. I still think we have a lot of work ahead of us to make NIT, but its possible.

yellowjacket

Varsity Lurker
I thought they looked much improved as well. Gt out-rebounded NC even though we were much shorter. GT is fast and athletic...good days ahead with Paul Hewitt!