Mark Bradley Removes All Doubt . . .

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
. . . about who he pulls for. His article on UGAG and Richt reads like it came from the UGAG SID. It's a good thing that most intelligent readers know Bradley for what he is, "a Baffoon". Getting an endorsement from Bradley is like getting an Earle Scheib paint job. It ain't worth much and everybody knows it's no good.

With all the talent leaving Georgia it will take a lot more than good luck for them to stay anywhere near where they were this year. Mark, thanks for putting the kiss of death on the Dawgs!

Go Jackets!

My e-mail to Sir Bradley this morning.

Hey Bradley,

How long have you've been on the mutt payroll? Are you trying to get fired? I don't what is more laughable, your recent early season assessments of the Braves and Hawks or this ridiculous love-fest you have with Athens because they have one great season in the last 20+ years.

"There's no reason Georgia shouldn't win just as big next season as it did this season"---

Oh Yeah! I'll give you just a few out of about 30 reasons.

1) They lost every offensive lineman they've got and will sport nothing but rookies in their 2-deep next year.

2)In addition star players like Sullivan and Smith are leaving early(among others). You don't replace players like that overnight. Do you really think they'd leave if they thought they had a shot at a championship?

3)They caught every break in the book last season and easily could have lost 4 more games(CLEM-S.CAR-AUB-BAMA).

4)They played in the weakest major conference in college football this past season, a conference that once again lost head-to-head to the ACC, as well as a conference that got their non-conference brains beat in from coast to coast during the regular season and during the bowl season.

And now for another laugher.

"Richt will be able to recruit in a way no Georgia coach has since Dooley"

Excuse me Bradley, but am I missin' something here? When in the last 20 years have the mutts had anything but a top 5 recruiting class? According to the AJC if the top player at every position throughout the nation didn't sign with the mutts, it was because of the strict academic policy of the "Harvard of the South" The mutts simply settled for the 2nd best player in the nation at every position.

Richt is the hottest coach in the hottest league?

Please spare me already. He's the luckiest coach in the most overrated sports entity on planet earth. Does scoreboard mean anything to you guys when it comes to sec football? The mutts ended their season playing 3 teams that combined for 16 losses. They had one great win the entire season and that was Bama. The rest of that conference was loserville. Get your head out of the sand and look at a scoreboard once in awhile.

Give this mutt love-fest a rest for awhile will you Bradley! It's really pathetic. Have a nice day!

Tech folks, and others, hate Bradley because he is brutally honest. He is both annoying and correct on most topics.
BOO

jerry, i generally agree with you, as i did in regard to ted roof but, i feel ugag is reloading and going to be a power for years to come under mark richt. personally, i dont think chan gailey will ever defeat a ga team under mark richt.

Like your e-mail, Alives.
What I don't like about Bradley, Ghost, is what a sourpuss he is. You're right, he's often accurate, but reading him is like sipping vinegar.

The mutts complain about him all the time too. Prior to 2001, he was on our bandwagon, saying that we would do great things. He has no preference; rather, he calls them like he sees them. He doesn't always see them the way we do, but opinions are like rude fans...everybody's got'em.

Why do we care what a columnist thinks anyway? He's not a reporter...he has no reason to be neutral. He's giving his opinion.

And UGA's record against the ACC was a perfect 3 and doughnut. They beat two teams we lost to, and they pounded the life out of us. If they played Clemson late, they probably would've pounded them.

I hate to be the resident Ugag apologist, but many of you people are full of horse hockey when you talk about them. You let your hatred blind you. A buddy of mine who's a pup says they played a few freshman OL this year. They rotated DL too. Richt said in an interview during the season that the scout DL pushed around the starting OL.

Buckle up, bees. The pups are on a roll.

I think UGA will have the toughest time replacing Boss Bailey. That guy was everywhere on special teams and is a heckava LB. I don't care who they have coming in he will not be as good as Bailey.

It seemed like almost every UGA game I saw he was blocking a kick. It did not seem to be scheme or great special teams coaching. It seemed to be Bailey jumping through the roof.

I realize I sounded harsh before. The original font is right about the SEC being overrated--in reality, there is tremendous parity in the NCAA right now. It's not like we tore up the bowls ourselves, as a conference--or as a team. But you're wrong--the PAC 10 was the lousiest in bowls, yet some pundits still think a team that didn't even win that conference is the best team in the country--USC. The strongest conference in the bowls was the Big 10, FWIW.

And Hutz is right--Ugag will miss Bailey severely.

Originally posted by Count_Iz_Van_Tileckie:
The mutts complain about him all the time too. Prior to 2001, he was on our bandwagon, saying that we would do great things. He has no preference; rather, he calls them like he sees them. He doesn't always see them the way we do, but opinions are like rude fans...everybody's got'em.

Why do we care what a columnist thinks anyway? He's not a reporter...he has no reason to be neutral. He's giving his opinion.

And UGA's record against the ACC was a perfect 3 and doughnut. They beat two teams we lost to, and they pounded the life out of us. If they played Clemson late, they probably would've pounded them.

I hate to be the resident Ugag apologist, but many of you people are full of horse hockey when you talk about them. You let your hatred blind you. A buddy of mine who's a pup says they played a few freshman OL this year. They rotated DL too. Richt said in an interview during the season that the scout DL pushed around the starting OL.

Buckle up, bees. The pups are on a roll.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Count, That's well stated. There are some holes to fill on UGA's team with guys leaving, but they'll fill needs. Will they be as good. Time will tell.

We just need to get better!! It starts with QB play. We're not closing shop at GT.
grin.gif
Time to get busy making our team bigger, stronger, and smarter to become a fighting bee machine!

Go Jackets!

Originally posted by Jerry the Jacket:
. . . about who he pulls for. His article on UGAG and Richt reads like it came from the UGAG SID. It's a good thing that most intelligent readers know Bradley for what he is, "a Baffoon". Getting an endorsement from Bradley is like getting an Earle Scheib paint job. It ain't worth much and everybody knows it's no good.

With all the talent leaving Georgia it will take a lot more than good luck for them to stay anywhere near where they were this year. Mark, thanks for putting the kiss of death on the Dawgs!

Go Jackets!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I don't think he 'pulls' for UGA. He despises Jim Harrick (as does everyone else at the AJC) and he loves Hewitt (as does everyone else). If Hewitt would give him something to write about, he would fall all over himself praising the guy.

Jerry the Jacket.. loved your post... I couldnt help but smile as I read it...

I think we all spend too much time speculating on what will or will not happen in Athens... I would rather focus on the Flats...

There is too much that can happen to a team... as we all know, injuries can kill a team... Georgia's turn could be next year.. kids could flunk out, team chemistry could be a problem.. etc..

I dont really care what goes on over there, because I know that every year, they are going to be pre season this and that... and in between they will get "all the great recruits" .. and for the past twenty years, at the end of the season, I have listened to their excuses, reasons, why it didnt unfold as everyone had expected ..

The contract Richt signed means little.. you can never tell what will happen when Vince leaves.. if Adams hires a clone for an AD, I am not so sure how happy Richt will be then... time will tell.. but there is alot more to the mix than it seems

A transition year is always tough... and we had a tough one this year.. but dont give up on this staff.. I really feel that we will be in a much better mood this time next year... and they wont be as happy in Athens.... (but there will be a good excuse why they are sad)

GTTerrific, you said we should get bigger, stronger and smarter. Get smarter with DULL in control? The guy with a 30 IQ teaching his players to be SMARTER? I respect you a bunch. Please tell me you were yanking our chain. I hope i'm proven wrong but we are saddled with a born loser. I really believe he could have taken the UGAG team this year and would have screwed them up. I'm very discouraged about our football team right now. There are not many things to be excited about on the Flats at the present time.

Originally posted by Big Buck:
GTTerrific, you said we should get bigger, stronger and smarter. Get smarter with DULL in control? The guy with a 30 IQ teaching his players to be SMARTER? I respect you a bunch. Please tell me you were yanking our chain. I hope i'm proven wrong but we are saddled with a born loser. I really believe he could have taken the UGAG team this year and would have screwed them up. I'm very discouraged about our football team right now. There are not many things to be excited about on the Flats at the present time.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's your opinion. It's easy to be critical on an internet message board. What does this team need to do to get better?

My statement was we need to get bigger, stronger, and smarter to become a better team. Our team needs to be more physical. We need to be able to hold our own in the trenches. We need solid leaders on the field that are executing the game plan with minimal mistakes. The coaches need to get it done, and so do the players. Let's get bigger, stronger, and smarter in all areas in the off season.

Don't understand for one second why people can't support our coach and team. Coach Gailey isn't going anywhere. Down the road he might, but GOOD GRIEF!!! He's just now been here a year.

You not being excited is your thing. I can find a lot of things to be excited about!!! It's all a matter of perception. It's not a matter in my mind on right and wrong on who our head coach should be. We have a head coach and his name is Chain Gailey. Does that mean we should be happy with everything that's happened? NO. Not saying that at all.

I feel sorry for you that you can't find many things to be excited about. Seriously. I could list a lot of things, but people hear will just tear them down. This is one negative place. It's sad.

Will Coach Chain Gailey be the MAN here? I don't know. Do know he's our head coach, and he's not going to be fired in near future. He shouldn't be. Hope he is successful and here for a long time. Future will tell.

Go Jackets!

Originally posted by DawgByte:
Interesting comments. IMO Bradley is not a UGA homer and gets very little if any respect from Dawg fans. Basically, we don't give a rats arse what he says... good, bad or indifferent.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">DawgByte,

As MulderBuzz disclosed over on the Hive...

The truth is out there.

richtbradley.jpg

Link to MulderBuzz's post

CrackerJacket,

If I wake up in a cold sweat tonight with THAT image in my head, I'm holding you personally and 100% responsible!!!!!

Go Jackets!
drinking.gif

Interesting comments. IMO Bradley is not a UGA homer and gets very little if any respect from Dawg fans. Basically, we don't give a rats arse what he says... good, bad or indifferent.

As far as AL lives comments are concerned, he needs to be appraised of a couple of things.

1.) Of the new starting OL, 3 got significant playing time this year (Goliath Jr. Max Jean-Gilles, Bartley Miller and Josh Brock). Russ Tanner also saw action, so this new line won't be as green as people think. The Center position is my biggest concern and question mark going into '03. Some Dawg fans think our senior line underachieved and I'm one of them. IMO we have good size and strength replacing this senior line. I would expect that it will take 2-3 games before they gel into a solid unit, but I'm optmistic.

2.) Losing Boss Bailey IMO will be a bigger deal than Jonathon Sullivan. Bailey's special team work is well documented and will be virtually impossible to replace. Sullivan is a monster, maybe the best DL in UGA history. However, we've got a mountain of depth and experience backing him up. I take this comment with a grain of salt, but when Sully announced he was entering the draft he said he would struggle to win his starting position back next year because the guys behind him were so good. Like I said, tongue and cheek - nevertheless he is right about the talent behind him. Even with Sully's departure we'll have one of the top 3 DL's in the nation.

3.) Losing Musa, stings. Milton is capable, but he doesn't have the size and skills of Smith. I think Musa's departure will certainly open the competition in spring. Reports out of NOLA during the Sugar Bowl practices are that Cooper is ready for prime time at RB. I think Tyson Browning will also turn some heads this year because of his speed and elusiveness.

Should Dawg fans expect another shot at the Sugar Bowl? Yes. Why? Because these players are learning how to win and better still EXPECT to win. Like most championship teams Georgia will continue to need breaks (just ask Ohio St. about positive breaks!) to continue the run. UGA will have plenty of offensive weapons and our defense should be stellar. Once again we have a tough schedule, but I like our chances.

Bradley has a command of the obvious, so I wouldn't care if he is your corner or not.

Back