Mark Whipple leaving Pitt

Guessing he figured life without Pickett wouldn't be so rosy. Seems he never stays anywhere for very long

Can't remember meeting him after the Ga Southern-UMass championship game in 98. Probably did. Just don't remember.
I was still pissed that that game cost me some coin. How much, I really don't know. Probably wouldn't have been more than a few thousand once it was said and done.
Oh, I also think he's overrated, but yeah, it would have been nice to have at least taken a shot at him.

He just interviewed at Nebraska. Probably thinks he’s got that locked up

Pickett is out of eligibility. Running the "modern" shotgun, if you don't have a potential NFL draftee for QB, you don't have many options. Even OC's are in the portal.

I'm so confused
Goes to see Purdy. Resigns next day.

I imagine the pressure is immense making asshole fans happy 24/7. Had an engineer of ours about a decade back put in notice and design. I asked what he was doing next and he had no clue. He had just had it with the stress and wanted out.

Amazing how an NFL quarterback can make even the most pedestrian OC look good. And it’s hard to look good when you’re as fat as Mark “Whip Cream” Whipple.

Back