Marquez Ezzard is official.

Many were calling for a return of threads for individual commits, so I made one if thats cool.

Really big get especially if he can get the waiver.

Yes thanks for the new thread! And welcome to Mr Ezzard!:bigthumbup:

We don't benefit from his services for very long but I think it means a lot that he wants to be a part of our program.

This is seriously significant.

Many were calling for a return of threads for individual commits, so I made one if thats cool.

Really big get especially if he can get the waiver.

And what do you mean about waiver? Was he committed to Miami?

He is a transfer. 4 stars coming out of HS. Redshirted at Miami last year. With a waiver he can play right away.
I thought he had to sit for a year since he transferred to a conference opponent.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong about this.

four-star.png

I thought he had to sit for a year since he transferred to a conference opponent.

ACC doesn't have that rule anymore, I believe. And the NCAA passed a rule last year that made it much easier to get a waiver to play immediately. It's the same rule that Justin Fields and Tate Martell are applying to use at Ohio State and Miami, respectively.

He plays for sure in 2020. He can play in 2019 if the NCAA grants a waiver which I think they will.

He plays for sure in 2020. He can play in 2019 if the NCAA grants a waiver which I think they will.

Guys who are transferring to a school close to home can usually justify it, and the NCAA has gotten more lenient. I was surprised we got one for James Banks in basketball, actually.

We don't benefit from his services for very long but I think it means a lot that he wants to be a part of our program.

This is seriously significant.
This is a big pick up. I thought it was next to impossible. I hope he is a higher character guy than many others in Coral Gables.

ACC can't do öööö about in conference transfers anymore

Yeah that too. I will be surprised (pissed) if he doesn't get it.
He's coming home because his head coach, coordinator, recruiter, and position coach all got fired. He's basically a lock to play at GT in 2019. He will not here for spring practice though.

Back