Marshall following in Vad's footsteps

gth874t

Jolly Good Fellow
Whodda thunk we would be a feeder program to James Madison???

LINK

Wish the kid all the best at JMU.

bravejason

Flats Noob
It makes sense. JMU runs an NCAA offense and GT runs a high school offense.

The Rams ought to be feeding GT players since they apparently run a middle school offense.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
For Vad it made sense because a conventional offense was more to his strengths--drop-back passer with mediocre speed.

Marshall, I'm not sure what the advantage is. Maybe he thinks more playing time means more NFL eyes? I think the reality is the NFL scouts will find you if you're talented no matter how much playing time you get. That's those guys' job. We've sent multiple WRs to the NFL with very low stats. Maybe less school, more focus on football? Would be interested to hear Marshall's rationale.

33jacket

Dodd-Like
Its odd. He coulda sat out a year and gone to another p5 school. He still has a rs year.

The transfer to jmu is something u see when a rs is burnt and they have 1 year left or 2 at the most.

Such an odd arse move. For many reasons. Let alone figuring out why he is leaving gt in the first place. He was like co number 1

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
JMU hasn't run a drop back offense in decades. They currently run something more akin to Ohio State's offense which is why Vad wanted to go there for the gaudy stats for the QB and because Withers convinced him he'd be able to go pro playing for him.

JMU has a big game today at the Fargo dome. They also have a decent business school in VA and he gets to keep playing football.

Oh yeah and the schools is pretty much known for its hot and easy women in the Old Dominion. And these women make up 70% of the campus and live in rhe middle of nowhere so it's like fishing with dynamite for a football player.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Couldn't he go to JMU for a year, then transfer and play immediately as a senior at a P5? It's closer to home for him and I would expect immediate playing time to be a given.

Whatever...to each his own. Should have finished his Tech degree, imo.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
James Madison, pipeline to the NFL.

I really don't know, and don't want to bother to look it up, but is JMU a good school? What trade does a person learn there?

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Couldn't he go to JMU for a year, then transfer and play immediately as a senior at a P5? It's closer to home for him and I would expect immediate playing time to be a given.

Whatever...to each his own. Should have finished his Tech degree, imo.
Yep. It will likely be a regret later.

User 8976

User account deleted

I really don't know, and don't want to bother to look it up, but is JMU a good school? What trade does a person learn there?
They seem to sell a lot of beer pong kits at gas stations. That's a sign of an academically challenging institute.

Deke

Everybody relax, I'm here.
Well I remember hearing rumors that he wanted to be closer to home (and JMU being tossed around), but that's still a decent haul from Raleigh...

texstinger

Dodd-Like

Not a good school, nothing to learn there.

Sadly not our person, ever having gone there, has ever found a job in society. Not even minimum wage. Very well known alumni community where they all gather to live in cardboard boxes and try to grow carrots and greens to live on. Gather rain water to drink.

User 8976

User account deleted
Well I remember hearing rumors that he wanted to be closer to home (and JMU being tossed around), but that's still a decent haul from Raleigh...
I see what you did there. ReaLee funny.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
Apparently, MM's father played for JM and both his parents went to school there. It was among his final choices coming out of high school. I suspect his transfer was more about getting closer to home than getting more playing time.

Deke

Everybody relax, I'm here.
I see what you did there. ReaLee funny.
I'd love to take credit for anything crafty I wrote there, but unfortunately it was totaLee unintentional (but for real, it was). It says in Marshall's bio that he's from Raleigh, and I remember seeing reddit murmurings that he wanted to be closer to home (even though JMU is still like 4 hours away).

User 8976

User account deleted
I'd love to take credit for anything crafty I wrote there, but unfortunately it was totaLee unintentional (but for real, it was). It says in Marshall's bio that he's from Raleigh, and I remember seeing reddit murmurings that he wanted to be closer to home (even though JMU is still like 4 hours away).
You're a Vad, Vad man.

BackstreetBuzz

GT fan for 60+ years
For Vad it made sense because a conventional offense was more to his strengths--drop-back passer with mediocre speed.

Marshall, I'm not sure what the advantage is. Maybe he thinks more playing time means more NFL eyes? I think the reality is the NFL scouts will find you if you're talented no matter how much playing time you get. That's those guys' job. We've sent multiple WRs to the NFL with very low stats. Maybe less school, more focus on football? Would be interested to hear Marshall's rationale.
I agree with this. However, would it also be true that if you are talented, businesses will find you no matter where you went to school. I think both are true. I actually think it is more important to go to a school that showcases your football talent than your academic talent, because you have so much more time to prove yourself in a business career.