Mason is a beast

05GTCorndog

Staff member
+1 .

Dude doesn't go down easily at all. He made a lot happen after contact yesterday and always seems to fall forward for an extra yard or two. I don't know if he has top end speed to be a high draft pick, maybe he does. He is a helluva player though.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
His run down the middle of the field and cut to make LB miss was elite

Glad Johnson redshirted him. If I remember right he wasa little disgruntled at being RS'd and Howard playing as true freshman

johncu

Dodd-Like
IIRC the staff caught some flak for even taking him. Iowa State was his only other P5 offer.

Regardless, we're lucky to have him!

aeromech

Dodd-Like
IIRC the staff caught some flak for even taking him. Iowa State was his only other P5 offer.

Regardless, we're lucky to have him!
Came here to post this. Check it out.

This should get some big cries

User 10337

He's got pretty good vision and patience too. I also haven't recalled getting pissed off at any of the RBs during pass pro. So I'm pretty sure he's doing at least a decent job in that department as well.

I'd like to see his measurables before we start spouting off "1st rnd pick" type statements.

johncu

Dodd-Like
Where? Because his committed thread is nothing but praise.
Ironically, he's one of the few starters that actually DOES represent the "non-P5 talent" recruiting refrain that's been spouted all season in an attempt to downgrade our players.

I doubt he's fast enough to be a R1 talent, but he looks like an NFL back to me. Big, consistently runs through arm tackles, can catch, and can make people miss without going east-west and losing yards.