Mason is a beast

It's hard to figure you guys out sometimes. Are his qualities meeting the standards, or are they subpar because he doesn't have "top end" speed? Personally, I think he's been a shining light during this rebuild of a season.

To me this is the biggest improvement that Coach Pat has made so far. Two backs give us not only more options in the running game for the defense to be looking at, but also help shore up the weak OL pass blocking and/or give us enhanced ability to do a little bit of play action passing.

In short, the two back formation forces the DL to be a little less aggressive, I believe.

20 personnel makes a lot of sense if you cannot trust a tight end. It also allows a lot of creativity in pre-snap movement.

I looked into it. Pro Football Focus grades running backs by their performance adjusted for the run blocking of their team and the run defense of other teams. So basically Mason is ranked #1 (deservedly) because he's getting lots of yards despite our run blocking sucking and the opposing defenses being good.

I got really disappointed when I learned it was pronounced “Chooba” and not “Chubba”
Yea but have you considered his nickname could be Chubacca

We need to recruit Endor for extra beastly RBs

Not at all. I thought Hollings was going to make a house call every time he touched it. I think the Choice comparisons are on point.
Pfft you don't know

edit: Choice is a better comparison though.
edit 2: deleted a word. still think this post is missing something idk
edit 3: didn't change anything. just v lonely

Last edited:
Back