May have blown the coastal today

TheTaxJacket

Dodd-Like
What a difference a week makes. Crap.

Ok, so, Duke has the worlds weakest schedule and sadly they hold the tiebreaker over us. Unreal. Can't believe I am saying this. ööööing lame ass ööööö ass Duke.

Sucks that we finally beat VT and Miami but lose to Duke and Duke may win again. I am gonna am going to barf. Duke had no business winning that game.

UGA won. GT lost. öööö. What a bad day.

Talk me off the ledge here fellas. This sucks.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
How? Everyone except UVA have conference losses.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Did we blow the coastal when we lost to Miami in 2009? It's one game.

jdubjacket

Dodd-Like
Did we blow the coastal when we lost to Miami in 2009? It's one game.
Fair enough. But I still can't come to grips with beating VT and Miami back-to-back and losing to Duke at home.

"Losing to Duke." I still have difficulty writing that.

staggerwing

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Duke will not lose in conference again. Who do they play that will beat them?
Uh... Virginia Tech. UNC, if they play like they did today at ND. Pitt could beat Duke. UVA could even beat Duke.

I don't get all the Duke-is-a-juggernaut bullshit. They're, at best, an average football team. Clearly they're better than us, but they will lose again.

carmex

Jolly Good Fellow
Duke still has plenty of opportunity to lose another. You should know how crazy this sport is. They could easily lose to Virginia, vpisu, even unc or pitt. True, we don't control our own destiny anymore if and until they lose another, but that's no reason to give up. This season has already been more successful than many people thought, so don't let one game get you too down.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Fair enough. But I still can't come to grips with beating VT and Miami back-to-back and losing to Duke at home.

"Losing to Duke." I still have difficulty writing that.

You and fans of 15 other teams over the last two seasons.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
What did you Coastal defeatists see today that makes you think Duke will dominate the mediocre teams on the rest of their schedule? What did you see that makes you think Miami's D is better than VT's? If Duke wins out they'll have to earn it. Today's loss just means instead of separating ourselves we turned the Coastal into a battle.

carmex

Jolly Good Fellow
Clearly they're better than us, but they will lose again.
They were better than us today. Doesn't mean they are the better team overall. Were they better than us when they lost to Miami and then we beat the snot out of Miami? No team is the same week in and week out. Duke was well rested and played well today, but I don't believe they are the better team. Just the better one today.

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
I would have beaten uM than dook.We broke the string on vt and uM,dook was bound to win sometime(just as the uM fans said about us).

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I don't get all the Duke-is-a-juggernaut bullshit. They're, at best, an average football team. Clearly they're better than us, but they will lose again.

Hey I never said that. I was just carrying forth the narrative from earlier this week here where we were all pissed at their weak schedule.

But yeah, maybe there is some parity in the conference, who knows. Duke was not unbeatable today. We just beat ourselves on the offensive side of the ball.

awbuzz

Helluva Engineer
3 flipping turnovers was one of if not the difference in today's game.

staggerwing

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
What did you Coastal defeatists see today that makes you think Duke will dominate the mediocre teams on the rest of their schedule? What did you see that makes you think Miami's D is better than VT's? If Duke wins out they'll have to earn it. Today's loss just means instead of separating ourselves we turned the Coastal into a battle.
This.

What I saw today was a GT team ööööting the bed at the most inopportune times possible. Duke didn't earn this win. It was handed to them by offsides on a punt, PI on a third down stop, a mind-blowing bad INT, etc.