May have blown the coastal today

The best one is how "simple die rolling" gave us two more losses.

:cool:

At the time I'd posted that, we had four games won or lost basically by a coin flip: Southern, VT, Duke, and UNC. All of which are not top 25 caliber teams. It was a reasonable prediction. Nobody objective could predict at the time that we'd go on a tear of winning four straight by over 20 points, to teams that weren't any worse than the "coin flip" bank at the time.

I'm glad my prediction was wrong, but I don't see how it was particularly bad given the data at the time. It's not like I was in here preseason predicting 6 wins or less. (my prediction was 8.2 I think?)

i'll let the tall blonde in the back blow me.

5000822752_05442f7863.jpg

At the time I'd posted that, we had four games won or lost basically by a coin flip: Southern, VT, Duke, and UNC. All of which are not top 25 caliber teams. It was a reasonable prediction. Nobody objective could predict at the time that we'd go on a tear of winning four straight by over 20 points, to teams that weren't any worse than the "coin flip" bank at the time.

I'm glad my prediction was wrong, but I don't see how it was particularly bad given the data at the time. It's not like I was in here preseason predicting 6 wins or less. (my prediction was 8.2 I think?)

yeah but predicting that the coastal winner would have only one loss was pretty asinine

beej, still right. Even when wrong.

yeah but predicting that the coastal winner would have only one loss was pretty asinine

Duke held the tie breaker and could have won the coastal with 2 losses. That was the whole point of the prediction. Try and keep up.

beej, still right. Even when wrong.

If the weatherman predicts 80% chance of rain, and it doesn't rain, then the prediction can at once be (1) wrong and (2) a good prediction, as long as he gets it right 4 out of 5 times.

Back