McPherson and Shockley

SloMotion

Varsity Lurker
The most talented players on each teams are looking to transfer, wouldnt it be great if we could pick one up. And a question about McPhereson, since he was dismissed from team, does he loes a year of eligibility if he goes somewhere else?

I really don't think we want McPherson. Doubt we have any chance at Shockley.

Originally posted by rpwreck:
I really don't think we want McPherson. Doubt we have any chance at Shockley.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If Shockley transfers, which I believe he will, he'll not go to a team that UGA plays. It won't be a team in the SEC or Tech. Richt won't release him of his 'ship if he was to transfer, unless it was to a team they won't be playing on their schedule. That's as I see it.

Go Jackets!

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
O'Leary did not release Carter, but he, and others, saw to it that he could play at UGA.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">QC's situation was a lot different than Shockley's is now. QC never played a down at Tech. He played professional baseball instead of coming to GT. No one is going to see to it that Shockley will play for whoever. If he took it before NCAA that he wanted to play for GT or say FL, but UGA won't release him, NCAA is going to say tough. That's my opinion.

How do we know Bilbo is not better than both of them? Just because he is not playing does not mean he does not have the tools to do the job.

drinking.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
How do we know Bilbo is not better than both of them? Just because he is not playing does not mean he does not have the tools to do the job.

drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's a VERY good point!

We'd never have a shot at either due to transfer issues. Shockley's have been talked about and I believe there is a league rule that it's 2 years unless the team he's at waives one. Can't see FSU doing that for any ACC team.

Yeah, Lee Suggs is good, but he plays RB at Vir...uh, oops. You mean AJ.

D'oh!

I guess everyone is surmising (sP?), hoping, or drooling....maybe a few other categories. I'm with Elijay Ah : I haven't given up on Bilbo and really hope he doesn't get vibes from fans that our hearts are courting one of those possible transfers. IMHPO, neither would want to come here. I and others were hereing things about Mac for some weeks. Shock has been one constant rumor.They are good, no doubt about it, but I have high hopes for the kid from Mississippi. I sure don't want him discouraged and even more I sure don't want him to having wondering eyes seeking plusher greenery. I also like our chances of developing the kid from Valdosta. Course I admit I know next to nothing about judging true talent; Jimmy D. would be running the ball quite a bit if it was up to my judgement.So there anyone knows that I don't know squat. Sorry for rambling, but as good as they may/may not turn out, I don't covet either one of the recent future transfers. God love you all and Happy Thanksgiving.

Back