Mercy Rule

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
The mercy rule is after 60 minutes of game clock, the game is over.

I am embarrassed of you guys. We got taken to the woodshed. Get the öööö over it.

I tell folks that every so often you see a player come along who is obviously better than everyone else on the field for both teams. In person, those players that stood out to me, having seen in person, are Bo Jackson, Calvin Johnson, and Trevor Lawrence.

It was like Lawrence was a high school football star QB who decided to go practice with the pee wee football team. We were not going to stop him. He has a cannon for an arm. He goes through his progressions like he is an NFL veteran QB.

We were out of position so many times on defense because our DB's are used to an opposing QB either throwing to a predetermined route and staring it down or maybe having a single check down. You need to keep in mind that Lawrence took over in Cartersville as a freshman and lost only 1 game in HS and that was a close game in the playoffs. He lost, iirc, one game through middle school. He literally does not lose games he is QB-ing.

He is massive, at 6'6", and since I live up this way and have seen him many times around, I can tell you is physically impressive, he is essentially a Calvin Johnson at QB.

Question will be, for next season, is his successor. That QB will be nowhere near as great a player as Lawrence. Just take our lumps and know that we got beaten by an all pro NFL calibre QB. If Daybo had wanted, he could have kept Lawrence in and scored 100+. And no, Lawrence wouldn't have gotten hurt with our impotent pass rush.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
I tell folks that every so often you see a player come along who is obviously better than everyone else on the field for both teams. In person, those players that stood out to me, having seen in person, are Bo Jackson, Calvin Johnson, and Trevor Lawrence.
Trevor Lawrence is unbelievably good. And unlike Burrows, Lawrence has been that good since Day 1 on campus. He’s going to win the Heisman and the NC this year.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Trevor Lawrence is unbelievably good. And unlike Burrows, Lawrence has been that good since Day 1 on campus. He’s going to win the Heisman and the NC this year.
And until you see him in person, it is hard to fathom his size, especially for a QB. Every bit of 6'6", maybe 6'7". He's the tallest player in the huddle. Mobile, unlike most guys that size. Incredible vision. Clemson won the player lottery getting him to Clemson. It is why Daybo easily cut their veteran starter when Lawrence for his chance as a freshman.

And no, I'm not a Lawrence fanboy. Just pointing out the obvious. It is why NFL fans on Twitter have #tankforTrevor as a hashtag, including Falcon's fans, who are now praying for losses. I almost wonder if firing Quinn wasn't to cause more chaos in the program to get the #1 pick.

goldmember

Damn Good Rat
The mercy rule is after 60 minutes of game clock, the game is over.

I am embarrassed of you guys. We got taken to the woodshed. Get the öööö over it.

It was like Lawrence was a high school football star QB who decided to go practice with the pee wee football team. We were not going to stop him. He has a cannon for an arm. He goes through his progressions like he is an NFL veteran QB.

We were out of position so many times on defense because our DB's are used to an opposing QB either throwing to a predetermined route and staring it down or maybe having a single check down. You need to keep in mind that Lawrence took over in Cartersville as a freshman and lost only 1 game in HS and that was a close game in the playoffs. He lost, iirc, one game through middle school. He literally does not lose games he is QB-ing.

He is massive, at 6'6", and since I live up this way and have seen him many times around, I can tell you is physically impressive, he is essentially a Calvin Johnson at QB.

Question will be, for next season, is his successor. That QB will be nowhere near as great a player as Lawrence. Just take our lumps and know that we got beaten by an all pro NFL calibre QB. If Daybo had wanted, he could have kept Lawrence in and scored 100+. And no, Lawrence wouldn't have gotten hurt with our impotent pass rush.
He lost 3 games in high school (same number that they have lost since he left but in 2.5 seasons) but he is obviously very good. He played overmatched teams in high school much like he's done in college.

Last edited:

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
And until you see him in person, it is hard to fathom his size, especially for a QB. Every bit of 6'6", maybe 6'7". He's the tallest player in the huddle. Mobile, unlike most guys that size. Incredible vision. Clemson won the player lottery getting him to Clemson. It is why Daybo easily cut their veteran starter when Lawrence for his chance as a freshman.

And no, I'm not a Lawrence fanboy. Just pointing out the obvious. It is why NFL fans on Twitter have #tankforTrevor as a hashtag, including Falcon's fans, who are now praying for losses. I almost wonder if firing Quinn wasn't to cause more chaos in the program to get the #1 pick.
I think Lawrence looks a little gangly. He's no Calvin. At the next level he will have to take a beating and may be too fragile for it. We'll see.

cbee

Flats Noob
Yes, let's institute this "mercy rule" and give all of the players a participation trophy when they exit the field.