Miami AD says "not intested in 2 team deal"

law_bee

Dodd-Like
this was reported on ESPN and they are talking about it on Miami thread below

http://insiders7.ezboard.com/fmiami20779frm1.showMessage?topicID=74449.topic

I don't really care whether Miami comes or not. It really does not seem to make any difference with the state our program is in right now.

Even if the ACC were to go down I think we could always join the SEC. Because we are in Atlanta we are always going to have options.

I don't want any program that does not want to come.

So if Miami wants to turn it down I hope they have a good time in UConn new stadium. (of course we are playing there ourselves)

soapbox.gif

The Miami guys really are pretty arrogant. I can remember when they meant zip in college football and their only claim to fame was George Mira. Of couse, I'm an OF.

In any event, Tech will land on its feet because, as you say, law, we're in Atlanta. Also, we have four nicknames that I know of, and I'm pretty sure nobody else has more, if as many.

If we could "always join the SEC", which would bee the best thing for us, and have not done so then we are the most stupid, arrogant fans in the history of college football.

Originally posted by texstinger:
If we could "always join the SEC", which would bee the best thing for us, and have not done so then we are the most stupid, arrogant fans in the history of college football.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Many disagree with that. I love ACC BB and it seemed to be a good fit. However if that were to change we could definitely look around.

regarding the original post many are saying the idiot at espn misquoted the miami ad.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
The Miami guys really are pretty arrogant. I can remember when they meant zip in college football and their only claim to fame was George Mira. Of couse, I'm an OF.

In any event, Tech will land on its feet because, as you say, law, we're in Atlanta. Also, we have four nicknames that I know of, and I'm pretty sure nobody else has more, if as many.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">We also have a neat car. My biased opinion is that the ramblin' wreck coming onto the field is one of the greatest entrances in college football. Beats patting a rock, riding a horse, running with a bison or even with a squatty, flat faced, overweight, slobbery little dog.

To HELL with Georgia!

I love ACC basketball, too, but our conference isn't the elite any longer. Duke can't carry all the weight for us. We've fallen down the ladder on the RPI the past few years...even the SECs is higher than the ACCs.

Originally posted by bellyseries:

In any event, Tech will land on its feet because, as you say, law, we're in Atlanta. Also, we have four nicknames that I know of, and I'm pretty sure nobody else has more, if as many.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">_____________________________________

Auburn comes close though:
Wareagles
Tigers
Plainsmen (sp?)

and is there a 4th ? I seem to recall that there is, but its not coming to mind....

Not to nitpick belly - but its always made me laugh that Auburn has as many nicknames as Tech!

I don't believe for a moment that Miami will walk away from this invitation. I can understand their frustration but Shalala has said on a number of occasions that there was no way that Miami was going back to the Big East. They may hold out for a few days for leverage to get some concessions
from the ACC but when everything has been said and done I believe they stay.

"turkey buzzard" is pretty acurate!

Also, whatever may have happened in the past, UGA would support GT's return to the SEC if it ever came down to it. There's too many people on both sides that want that to be a conference game. It helps UGA's scheduling delimna and satisfies so many people. SEC bylaws require a member to sponsor a perspective member. UGA would sponsor GT just as they sponsored South Carolina.

Originally posted by bizzybee:
Miami says they have received counteroffer from BE.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">We knew that was coming. Do you think they pomised to continue to let Miami dominate them in football? That would be an easy one to keep , at least.

Nyet. We will not be playing in UConn's new stadium. We played in their old 14,000 seat stadium last yr. Now they are scheduled to come to GT in '04 & '05.
Miami is the jewel in this entire scenario. The Hurricanes are the only team I want in the league. Don't really care if VT comes or BC comes or, last & least, Cuse comes.
If we don't get Miami, the whole expansion thing is a failure, imho.

Back