Michael Cox...

Patriot

Varsity Lurker
stated in his interview on rivals that we recruited him as a big back not a FB because we have already signed a FB (paraphrased). Then he said "they are getting a small, quick back" I might be blowing this up but who thinks that our staff is close to getting a verbal from a TB?

His interview is on jacketsonline.com

Could be Patriot... here is hoping the Fischer kid out of Texas decides on the Jackets...

I had sort of assumed he was referring to Grant from last years class, but maybe you are right - here's hoping we get all the kids on our "A" list!

I believe he was referring to Justin Guadagni as being the fullback (Cox said he hadn't met him yet, Guadagni is from Pittsburgh and Cox from the Harrisburg area). I didn't press him about the "small, quick back" (tailback) as I assumed that was merely GT's recruiting plan this year and there could be several candidates there. Meaning GT got their true fullback (Guadagni), big back/FB type (Cox) with a tailback to be named/recruited later.

Brandon Helwig
JacketsOnline.com

To clarify, GT recruited Guadagni as both a LB and FB. He's referred to more as a LB but he could end up playing FB at Tech.

Back