Missing two O linemen.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
I didn’t know this but we were missing Kenny for the whole game and Ryan was limited. We have such little depth on the Oline. I think a lot of us are underestimating that. Not saying that’s what makes a loss but it definitely can affect our run game which it did.

Last edited:
#60 was completely over matched when he was in the game; they we went with a walk on. Unsettling that in year 3 we need to play a walk on on the OL when weve brought in 5 transfers and recruited through 3 classes.

I had high hopes for Vaipulu, but yea he got beat quite a lot. It wasn't just him though... the image burned into my mind from that game is seeing 2-3 Tech OL facing backwards watching a backfield tackle over and over again.

I had high hopes for Vaipulu, but yea he got beat quite a lot. It wasn't just him though... the image burned into my mind from that game is seeing 2-3 Tech OL facing backwards watching a backfield tackle over and over again.
G-C-G was completely over matched, and the reason for all of our offensive problems.

There was an immediate improvement when Lay went in. I’m not sure what the stigma is with playing some players over others but if the best player is riding the pine we got a problem Houston. That’s not the only case.

There was an immediate improvement when Lay went in. I’m not sure what the stigma is with playing some players over others but if the best player is riding the pine we got a problem Houston. That’s not the only case.
Cooper was out with a pinched nerve or something similar, so I hear. He is our best drive blocker.

Cooper was out with a pinched nerve or something similar, so I hear. He is our best drive blocker.
I was wondering what happened to him. The kid from ODU has disappeared, actually never appeared. For the 3 SEC bubbas, Cochran seems to hold his own. I keep hearing Johnson is highly rated pass blocking, but I hope this was just an off day.

I was wondering what happened to him. The kid from ODU has disappeared, actually never appeared. For the 3 SEC bubbas, Cochran seems to hold his own. I keep hearing Johnson is highly rated pass blocking, but I hope this was just an off day.
Will we see the ODU guy or Clayton anytime this season?

Will we see the ODU guy or Clayton anytime this season?
I think Clayton has been around some and got a tackle or 2 at least. No idea where the ODU guy is, all I've heard is that during fall camp he got an undisclosed injury and would miss the first 2 games. Haven't heard zip since.

To me the problem is:
1) we signed three OL in 2018 and none appear to be any good. McKeehan isn’t even starting for Nichols State. Does Jump even play any more? Maye has done nothing.
2) 0 OL on 2019. It would’ve been worth it to just roll some dice.
3) no real instant impact OL signees in 20/21. As good as recruiters as our staff is the inability to recruit day 1 starters on OL is baffling. We have so much playing time to offer.

I think Clayton has been around some and got a tackle or 2 at least. No idea where the ODU guy is, all I've heard is that during fall camp he got an undisclosed injury and would miss the first 2 games. Haven't heard zip since.
Maybe the kid was from Norfolk St instead of ODU? Think the ODU kid may have been DL.

Not saying that’s what makes a loss but it definitely can affect our run game which it did.
Giving up 52 points is what made a loss. I wish the O-Line was better, too, but even with great O-Line play, we lose this one.

To me the problem is:
1) we signed three OL in 2018 and none appear to be any good. McKeehan isn’t even starting for Nichols State. Does Jump even play any more? Maye has done nothing.
3) no real instant impact OL signees in 20/21. As good as recruiters as our staff is the inability to recruit day 1 starters on OL is baffling. We have so much playing time to offer.
As I understand it, the only thing more coveted than a day 1 starter offensive linemen is a day 1 starter nose tackle.

Would of liked to see the ones we got starting to be worked in though

Giving up 52 points is what made a loss. I wish the O-Line was better, too, but even with great O-Line play, we lose this one.
When a QB has a 19:1 TD to INT ratio rolling, he's gonna win games

To me the problem is:

From what I can gather, Harrison Jump entered the transfer portal but never came out the other side. Looks like he is a regular student at Tech, not on the football team.

If Lay is better he should play. No doubt.

The problem is why is a non scholarship kid better than your 15 scholarships player that we’ve been touting for elite NFL size and strength. That’s a question coach “BPBUSP” should have to address.

So you you understand that’s not what I was saying? Minus two interceptions and the inability to stop the run or pass we have the Oline to look at.

Back