More academic trouble

Asked whether any starters were in academic trouble, Gailey replied, ``There's a couple of guys who play a lot.''
If one can not stand...one must sit down.
BOO

This is not good news. It shouldn't ever come down to this,...we should have the "eligibility" question taken care of at this point. Bad,...bad,....bad.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Guys, I have followed the pogram very closely for many years, probably longer thn some of you have been around. Rarely do we ever have a summer when we are NOT sweating out the eligibility of several key people in summer school. Our school is just rediculasly tough.

Kennesaw.. I agree with you... the news in the article is nothing new.. last year at this time we were wondering if Sterling Green etc. were going to be able to pull through... hopefully everyone can make the grade this summer... but if not, we will still tee it up this fall..

If we lose more during summer term, its going to
be directly related to them doing the work. I
can assure you that our coaches have been on top
of any at-risk kids since the first "Grade Gate".

The more players who fail to make the team because of academics, the more I am convinced Gailey will be given another year after this one, regardless of the outcome of the season.

If the team plays well, but loses due to a manpower shortage, even a new AD would give Gailey another year.

It appears this years recruiting class will be critical. However, it appears we are starting off with some very good players.

Father Time

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
The more players who fail to make the team because of academics, the more I am convinced Gailey will be given another year after this one, regardless of the outcome of the season.

If the team plays well, but loses due to a manpower shortage, even a new AD would give Gailey another year.

It appears this years recruiting class will be critical. However, it appears we are starting off with some very good players.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree. But it also means even more that Dave Braine has single-handidly made Gailey's job a rebuilding job and for that, he (Braine) should be fired. I dont care if he hires a new staff tomorrow he should get his lawyers and ours to work a financial compromise so any its fair to the alumni, S/A's, and especially the current coaching staff in football (most of them are only 2 years at Tech, other sports have had longer tenures)

I can't believe you Chan-bashers haven't jumped on this little jewel...

...Gailey did have some input. For instance, a large space that initially was going to be a training room was converted into a players' lounge.

A bunch of sofas are positioned around the room. Computers and televisions also will be installed.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It started from the time the kids got at Tech. Every student at Tech is potentially at risk because the school is hard. A lot of these kids with propering monitoring, supervision, and academic leadership in the AA, were in decent academic standing until O'Leary left. And a lot of these kids were 2nd, third year in the program (or more) which leads me to believe O'Leary's headstrong ways helped them survive that first year or two (usually the hardest 2). It wasnt until Braine changed the system, and messed up so bad that he changed it back, that we had such a disaster in one semester-10! That should go in th Tech Media Guide under his bio. If we have a few more right after Grade Gate, it's just more remnants of the last 12-18 months of Braine's system he implemented and Gailey not really knowing what was going on or what he got himself into until it was too late. I hope the rumors are just about some borderline things and nothing for real, but if I am Gailey I would have Braine's ass if there are more.

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It started from the time the kids got at Tech. Every student at Tech is potentially at risk because the school is hard. A lot of these kids with propering monitoring, supervision, and academic leadership in the AA, were in decent academic standing until O'Leary left. And a lot of these kids were 2nd, third year in the program (or more) which leads me to believe O'Leary's headstrong ways helped them survive that first year or two (usually the hardest 2). It wasnt until Braine changed the system, and messed up so bad that he changed it back, that we had such a disaster in one semester-10! That should go in th Tech Media Guide under his bio. If we have a few more right after Grade Gate, it's just more remnants of the last 12-18 months of Braine's system he implemented and Gailey not really knowing what was going on or what he got himself into until it was too late. I hope the rumors are just about some borderline things and nothing for real, but if I am Gailey I would have Braine's ass if there are more.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">We hired a pro coach.. of course he knows nothing about academics & what players need to do at Tech to remain eligible... chan gailey is killing our football program minute by minute, day by day, week by week...

It's bad news, but not unexpected.

Now is the time when we (and all other schools) typically lose a player or two to grades.

When it happened last semester was the surprise and disaster. The situation has been addressed and changes implemented. Give 'em a chance to take effect.

Just another storm to weather. But, no, this type of thing is always an issue. It just hurts considering that we're on the heels of losing so many already to academics.

There's nothing we can do about it at this point. I'm still gonna show up with my shaker flying and a cleared throat.

I doubt very seriously we'll lose any more players. You gotta know that the coaches, advisors, etc. are all heavily involved with seeing that these boys do what has to be done to pass these summer courses....due in main part to the academic spotlight and critical nature of the academic casualties we've already had.

IF more are lost, then we'll deal with it then. Til then, we can only speculate and the odds fall in favor of the boys staying in school due to all the attention to this matter. No worries from me on this...

Back