Moses declaring for the draft

bonham

Dodd-Like

So long, Moses. It was a pleasure watching you develop as a player. It will also be a pleasure watching your stock rise at the combines.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Right move for him, although like all the others it says he’s left the door open for a return if he isn’t projected to go where he expects.

johncu

Dodd-Like
article said:
Pastner did acknowledge that the door is still open for Wright to return. Should he not get selected, Wright would still be able to return to Tech, so long as he took part in the combine and, if he signed with an agent, it was one certified by the NCAA. Further, Wright would not count against the 13-scholarship maximum, so Pastner doesn’t have to worry about keeping his scholarship open.
I'm not sure what this changes, if he can still come back. I hope he makes it, but if not, we will gladly take him back!

bonham

Dodd-Like
I'm not sure what this changes, if he can still come back. I hope he makes it, but if not, we will gladly take him back!
From Pastner's comments, it doesn't sound like he thinks Moses will be back. You can usually kind of read between the lines in situations like this when the coach comments about a player leaving early.

johncu

Dodd-Like
From Pastner's comments, it doesn't sound like he thinks Moses will be back. You can usually kind of read between the lines in situations like this when the coach comments about a player leaving early.
No, I don't expect him to be back either. I'm just pointing out that nothing is set in stone, despite the headline that implies that a definitive decision has been made.

FWIW, I don't think it is worth it for him to come back. Sure, he could improve some things, but he was already ACC POY. His stock won't be much higher unless he suddenly becomes a threat to consistently knock down jump shots.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
Good for him .. go get paid. And if he goes pretty high that's great for the program. Winner-winner.

GTCrew4b

All moratoria must be earned
Good luck to him. I think he was in a very good but difficult spot. He clearly responds well to our coaching staff and could use a little refinement to be a sure fire first rounder but he can get what he needs in that respect as a pro and has a lot of buzz from how he finished the season. Sucks he didn’t get to showcase himself in the NCAAT

79tech

Flats Noob

I think Wright has to go to the g league and prove himself. There is noting to prove by coming back. As for Alvarado, might be different in that another year of college gives him a chance to get his feet on the ground raising a family. I believe Devoe will be back.

coit

Smarter than Diseqc

I think Wright has to go to the g league and prove himself. There is noting to prove by coming back. As for Alvarado, might be different in that another year of college gives him a chance to get his feet on the ground raising a family. I believe Devoe will be back.
He ain't going to G League. Euro leagues pay more and you get to see the world.

79tech

Flats Noob
He ain't going to G League. Euro leagues pay more and you get to see the world.
Did not know that Euro piad more - and you are probably right. Do you think going to Euro can get you in NBA as soon?

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
Did not know that Euro piad more - and you are probably right. Do you think going to Euro can get you in NBA as soon?
Actually it might be better to be in G League to have a shot at NBA, based on some googling. But Euro players are averaging several hundred K per year, and G League is much lower.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
G league is certainly better for getting to the NBA as teams are partnered with or run by NBA franchises and players can get called up midseason.

If he really goes undrafted and unsigned I'd expect him to go to G league for at least a year or two before heading overseas, unless he really needs money immediately.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
How does this new law change anything if at all for our players? I assume Jose being able to earn money maybe helps..

Would seemingly drive more players to schools with large brands and fan bases; I saw a rumor (completely unsubstantiated) that Kentucky may pursue Alvarado. In that scenario, He could certainly make more off his brand their than here