Moses declaring for the draft

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Would seemingly drive more players to schools with large brands and fan bases; I saw a rumor (completely unsubstantiated) that Kentucky may pursue Alvarado. In that scenario, He could certainly make more off his brand their than here
Well, that is a fascinating point. The top US players could certainly make more money playing for Kentucky than the D League.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
I am not convinced tha that is true. Tech has some clout in Atlanta now, Jose could probably a lot marketing bmw or something in Atl.

00Burdell

Dodd-Like
Would seemingly drive more players to schools with large brands and fan bases; I saw a rumor (completely unsubstantiated) that Kentucky may pursue Alvarado. In that scenario, He could certainly make more off his brand their than here
Not sure I agree. Lexington is not ATL, the SEC is not the ACC and KY didn't even make the postseason. It's not just the actual school its about creating a Brand and I'm not convinced KY has more to work with than Georgia Tech.

Go read that post from midatlantech about Delmarva. Alvarado is almost already a brand. He doesn't need KY.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Not sure I agree. Lexington is not ATL, the SEC is not the ACC and KY didn't even make the postseason. It's not just the actual school its about creating a Brand and I'm not convinced KY has more to work with than Georgia Tech.

Go read that post from midatlantech about Delmarva. Alvarado is almost already a brand. He doesn't need KY.
He doesn't need KY, but you get a lot more exposure on that platform that ours. GT basketball hasn't been a relevant brand in Atlanta for 25 years.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy

GT has 3

Jose being some kids favorite player doesn’t exactly mean he’s a brand imo

GTCrew4b

All moratoria must be earned
This game was on at the gym I was at but I didn’t see him on the court when I caught glimpses of it. Meant to check if he was there and playing. Cool.

highlights make it look like he guarded Maker so that’s cool.

he also got shaken by a behind the back dribble from former Seton Hall big man and Big East co-Player of the year Sandro Malphabet. That was less cool.

he starts dunking around the 3:25 mark of the video below. Looked really active and had a good showing.

Last edited:

The Champ

Dodd-Like
This game was on at the gym I was at but I didn’t see him on the court when I caught glimpses of it. Meant to check if he was there and playing. Cool.

highlights make it look like he guarded Maker so that’s cool.

he also got shaken by a behind the back dribble from former Seton Hall big man and Big East co-Player of the year Sandro Malphabet. That was less cool.

he starts dunking around the 3:25 mark of the video below. Looked really active and had a good showing.

Pretty poor footwork on D there. I wonder if playing so much zone in college hurt his development there. I can’t remember many times where he was gaurding a ball handler on the perimeter taking him off dribble. Will definitely see that a lot in the league.

he has a ton of raw talent though. I think he may be a G leaguer for a few years then blossom into a solid pro once his game gets better. He needs to hit the 3 as well.

law_bee

Dodd-Like
I guess ATL being a small market and GT having poor $$ alumni will lead to that result.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
I guess ATL being a small market and GT having poor $$ alumni will lead to that result.
How much money do these wealthy GT alumni throw at college sports? Barely anything. And GT sports is hardly relevant in the Atlanta market; Kentucky hoops is a nationally recognized brand

79tech

Flats Noob
1. Moses Wright | 6-9 | 233 | PF/C | Georgia Tech
2020-21 stats: 17.4 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 1.6 BPG, 41.4% 3PT FG
Big Board ranking: 66

There is no more impressive display of incremental improvement in this year's draft class than with Moses Wright. The formerly unranked prospect finished his four-year college career by earning ACC Player of the Year honors and claiming a spot on the league's all-defensive team. Those accomplishments would have been unthinkable when he was an all-around liability as a freshman. Wright improved his 3-point shooting in every college season while evolving into a productive defender. Wright's issues appear mainly technical in terms of his pick-and-roll defense and questionable shooting mechanics. But if you look at his athleticism and his track record of improvement over the past four seasons, it's clear he is a prospect with promise as a small-ball five in the NBA.

Interesting comments about his defense and shooting stroke. Good luck moses. The article was about moses but had a picture of alvarado

BigGTMike

2020 Stingtalk Poker Player of the Year
Only a half dozen picks left and Moses is still on the board.

Jose is 24th on the remaining best available and Moses is 27th.