Moses to Raptors Summer League

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
Still think they both made the right call
If they are turning down Euro offers for more money to chase NBA then I think they are making a bad call.

Should've taken the Lammers route I think.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
If they are turning down Euro offers for more money to chase NBA then I think they are making a bad call.

I don't see how playing in the NBA Summer League is a bad call. It only last ten days, it's chock-full of NBA prospects and scouts (that's literally why it exists), and nothing precludes Moses from signing in Europe after if he wants. If you have any hope of getting to the NBA one day, you don't turn down an opportunity to play in the Summer League. Lammers didn't play in Summer League because he wasn't invited -- he got cut before it took place.

I do think there's an argument to be made for playing in Europe for more money over playing in the G-league. However, teams are very limited in the number of two-way contracts they can give out, so by giving one to Jose they are signalling definite interest. I think it makes sense to take that contract if his goal is to play in the NBA. Europe will still be there next year if the Pelicans' interest doesn't turn into a promotion during this season.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like

Oh, I just meant by staying in the draft. Don't think their prospects would have improved next year.

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
Oh, I just meant by staying in the draft. Don't think their prospects would have improved next year.
Yeah I suppose that is a good point. Although by staying another year, they could’ve gotten further along in their schooling for free.

GTCrew4b

All moratoria must be earned
Yeah I suppose that is a good point. Although by staying another year, they could’ve gotten further along in their schooling for free.
I think their schooling was done I believe the coaching track record, consistent improvement, added attention, and comfort would’ve been good for Moses. But I don’t think he’s making a bad decision. He was lucky to have two potentially good choices.

I’m not sure about Alvarado. I think he’s making the right call.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
NBA Scouts draft on athleticism, size, strength, skill and potential. The talent evaluators just don't see that in Moses. But, the college evaluators did not see it in him either, and with good coaching, hard work, and good teammates he became All-ACC and POY. Good for him. Now, he has the chance to repeat the story at the pro level. I wish him well. But, the deck is stacked against him. Those drafted players have a lot of money invested in them - the NBA folks want them to succeed.

Moses leaving was fine if that is what he wanted to do. He was not going to change scouts' minds by playing an extra year. My only hope is that we have relationships with NBA people so that our players get reliable information on their status. I hope he was not misled into thinking he was a first rounder. I know StingTalkers said he was a lottery pick, but we have a tendency to overstate.

But, with opportunities overseas he can make a lot of money without an NBA career. The same is true of Jose.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy

Apparently he’s on the Pelicans team with Jose. Strange

goldbybirth

This space for rent

Apparently he’s on the Pelicans team with Jose. Strange
First game is on ESPN2 today at 3 PM Eastern.

jts1207

Don’t appear to be getting much PT

jts1207

Moses getting a few more minutes. 4-7 for 9…..not sure why he’s attempting NBA 3s though 0-2

GTCrew4b

All moratoria must be earned
Moses getting a few more minutes. 4-7 for 9…..not sure why he’s attempting NBA 3s though 0-2
Because he’s been told he has to in order to get to the NBA.

Maybe it’s true, but they made the same comments at the combine about his lack of range as a thing to improve.

MSCI99

Varsity Lurker
Moses is a 3pt shot away from becoming one of the biggest steals in undrafted free agent history. I hope he signs with the Pels and develops in it in the D-League. He really showed out in Summer League.