Mr Braine, will u please get GT a 6th home game for '04?

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Mr Braine, will u please get GT a 6th home game for \'04?

I was just going to cut & paste this set of scathing questions for Mr Braine, but some of the replies were very interesting & I thought everyone might enjoy the whole little set of discussion. Feel free to print your own feel for the questions, the tone, the replies or the secondary set of questions, especially the GTAA monitoring of internet boards.

What's happening with our future schedules????

Re: Mr Braine, will u please get GT a 6th home game for \'04?

Got the following schedules off ramblinwreck.com. Are we not playing Auburn in '04? Anybody know any possible opponents? I remember reading something a while back about a possible home and home with a west coast school in a ferw years. Here is the ramblinwreck.com OOC schedule.

Georgia Tech's Non-Conference Football Opponents

Georgia Tech's scheduled non-conference foes are listed below. Please be reminded that all games scheduled are subject to change. The dates and times are all TBA. The games listed below are the only games scheduled.

Brigham Young
at Georgia
at UConn
Vanderbilt

Auburn
at Brigham Young
Georgia
at Vanderbilt

at Georgia
UConn

at Auburn
Georgia
UConn

Notre Dame
at Georgia

at Notre Dame
Georgia

Louisville
at Georgia

at Louisville
Georgia

So I get to shout "Go to Hell U of L" in 2008!
I guess some of the schedule will be straightened out after all of this ACC/Big East stuff.

It's amazing how teams like Ohio State can end up with only 4 away games and 7 home games (1st 5 at home).

So does anyone know if we are playing Auburn at Jordan-Hare next year?

We may not play Auburn at all next year. This year we were supposed to play them at the Dome and then at the Flats in '04, and on the Plains in '05 but since the Dome game was cancelled we moved Auburn up to this year at our place leaving a spot open for next year.

We should go out and get a name school that we know would travel to Atlanata and we could possibly beat. Maybe an East Carolina, West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Marshall, etc. Or maybe a western more school like Mississippi, Miss St., Baylor, Rice, Louisiana Tech, etc. Even if it's just a one game deal, they could come play us. I mean I know Baylor or Rice are cupcakes but that's better than playing The Citadel, Furman, Western Carolina, etc. I wish Braine, or lack thereof, could get us some betetr matchups. I mean I love the Auburn series and Vandy, but '04 and '05 home games with UCONN? Anyway, I guess we'll see what happens.

Any 12 game schedule should have 7 home games. Ga. Tech, of course, is one of very few major schools that doesn't. Surprise..surprise...surprise
BOO

bdg, there are actually quite a few schools that don't have 7 home games. In fact, most of those with 7 load up on cupcakes to do it. FWIW, only 3 ACC schools have 7 home games. Clemson who plays Furman and Middle Tenn, NCState who plays UConn and Western Carolina, and Wake Forest of all people who plays UConn and ECU. For Wake I guess they may not qualify as cupcakes, especially not ECU.

All the SEC schools I checked to have 7 but they also play Middle TN, Western KY, UL Monroe, Western ILL, La Tech, South Fla, No Ill, etc. I thought we didn't want those kinds of games?

To get a good schedule and 7 at home looks to be pretty tough.

Kansas State has 9 home games, 4 on the road. They play the 1st 5 at home against California, Troy State, McNeese State, Massachusetts, and Marshall.

I mean I love the Auburn series and Vandy, but '04 and '05 home games with UCONN?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">IIRC, those two games with UConn came as part of the 2-for-1 deal with them for playing up there last year.

And I agree gt1147, I'd like to see some of those teams on the schedule. I liked how we went out and played teams in the early/mid '90s - S.Car, Arizona (we still need to redeem ourselves for folding in '95), BC, Notre Dumb, and even Baylor and Navy.

I'm glad to see Notre Dame on the schedule, even though they dominate us series wise. I remember going to the ND game in 1980 and seeing a "DUCK NOTRE FAME!" bumper sticker above the gate.

Mr Braine replied to my scathing email, with class, & even tho he didn't give much information, there was still some to break down. Here is his reply & a breakdown of what it says to me:
Mr. L,

You seem to be angry with me because something I told you in an e-mail
did not come true...why would I risk your anger again by telling you
our tentative scheduling plans?

GT will always have at least six home games...with that as our top
priority, we work on future football scheduling continuously...we have
not given up the 2008 and 2011 Auburn games.

My best,

David T. Braine
Athletic Director
Georgia Tech

1) We do not have a 6th home game for '04. It's tentative. (His reply to my reply reiterated that '04 is tentative. Sure hope we're not letting UConn back out).
2) He does not say '6 home games vs div1a competition', just 6 home games.
3) Halleahluja! We still have Auburn scheduled for '08,'11. We have not dropped those gms vs Auburn. Great news!

Back