Mutts burying the story

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think this deal has potential to get ugly. not sure how. and yes they may be trying to bury the story.

Channel 2′s Tom Regan was in Athens, where attorneys with Go Big Injury Law appeared to abruptly cancel what they said were plans to hold a news conference “discussing the legal actions that are being taken on behalf of the Willock family.”

Attorneys had not specified what legal actions the family was considering, but said they’d talk about civil action and give more details about the deadly crash.
I am considering this.

Go Big Injury Law. A very distinguished sounding name.
That’s probably the incorporated entity that some plaintiffs firm is using for advertising or NIL stuff. I highly doubt that is the name of a law firm.

That’s probably the incorporated entity that some plaintiffs firm is using for advertising or NIL stuff. I highly doubt that is the name of a law firm.
When one of those class action lawsuit ads comes on the TV (e.g., Camp LeJune, Roundup, etc.) freeze the screen towards the end when there is that big, unreadable disclaimer at the bottom then walk up to the TV and read it. Lots of interesting stuff in those things.

And, in case you are interested, here is the pullout from the AJC story:

1674221210919.png

Yep, there he is, NILing.

When one of those class action lawsuit ads comes on the TV (e.g., Camp LeJune, Roundup, etc.) freeze the screen towards the end when there is that big, unreadable disclaimer at the bottom then walk up to the TV and read it. Lots of interesting stuff in those things.

1674221210919.png

That's what deep pockets can get you.

Yep, there he is, NILing.

“Don’t hire a normal attorney”

Uh, ok.

What's the assumed value of this kid's future wages in the NFL? Would he have been a third round pick or was he an Andrew Thomas type college lineman?

One of the attorneys listed in the ad is at the Anastapoulo firm in SC. The one that has the billboards all over 95 that say “Don’t Scream….Call Akim!”

1674221210919.png

Predicted draft picks can get insurance based on their future earnings. I hope the family or the school had that here instead of just referring to some uga slush fund.

1) It made zero sense to push a lawsuit at this time. Devin is raising all kind of money from UGA fans via GoFundMe and the like. I’m sure UGA might be willing to “settle” for a good sum without being sued.

2) Seems the law firm might have used this for their own publicity which is near evil. The likely outcome is it hurts Devin’s family because it will hurt sympathetic support.

3) 6 months from now when all the facts are known and you have had talks with UGA would be the time to use legal pressure if you are so inclined

Lots of questions but probably won’t get a lot of answers

speed of car
Impairment status of driver
Who leased the car and was she an authorized driver
Was this a school approved practice (I.e….transporting players after a night on the town) or were they just friends out having a good time in a university leased vehicle

1) they have already said she was speeding and they are going to figure out exactly what speed

2) they will do normal blood test; those take time

3) I assume it was her personal car

4) personal versus employement duties could be a huge issue for any lawsuit

1) It made zero sense to push a lawsuit at this time. Devin is raising all kind of money from UGA fans via GoFundMe and the like. I’m sure UGA might be willing to “settle” for a good sum without being sued.

2) Seems the law firm might have used this for their own publicity which is near evil. The likely outcome is it hurts Devin’s family because it will hurt sympathetic support.

3) 6 months from now when all the facts are known and you have had talks with UGA would be the time to use legal pressure if you are so inclined
I think your number 2 point can’t be stressed enough. The poor parents of deceased player are going through the horror of this situation. The law firm is having press conferences and the parents are trying to cope with their grief and being made to look like opportunists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back