My e-mail to Mark Bradley

Count_Iz_Van_Tileckie

Varsity Lurker
Mark Bradley's response...

<crickets chirping>

We play into the prick's hands by e-mailing him. And this is not a flame, as I've done the same thing. If anything, he prints'em all out, shows him to his editor, all the while wearing a silly but smug grin. The editor pats him on the back, "Way to stir up sh*t, Bradley."

This isn't my first one to this guy.

Bradley,

Only an sec apologist like yourself could find nothing but fault with the ACC adding 2 perennial top 10 teams, not to mention a huge media market to its scope. The funny part is how you rip the ACC for not grabbing onto more media markets up the east coast and then turn right around and point to the sec as the way it's supposed to be done, as if the sec is made up of major metropolitan areas.

I agree that the ACC could have handled it better but the point is no one could have perceived the influence of the Virginia governor. That influence forced the ACC to plan B and plan B added 2 top 10 teams to the conference. Not bad when your 2nd plan makes you an even more formidable football conference than your first. I've read two reports indicating the ACC will add anywhere from $12-15 annually million to its football television contract

What makes this more remarkable is despite the way the ACC handled it MIA and VA TECH still couldn't wait to get into the ACC. Imagine that!

The fact is had the ACC gone through with plan A you would have ripped them for leaving VA TECH out of the fray. Your just like Beano Cook, Bradley, when it comes to college football you've got industrial strength blinders on.

One other point Bradley. This thing ain't over yet so before you start rippin' the ACC for not tapping the Northeast, try interviewing Swofford(ACC commish.). Find out his thoughts about future expansion. Even you may be enlightened.

ALlives

Back