My first practice report (such that it is)

JacketFanPCB

Damn Good Rat
Here's my post from the Hive for those that can't get over there. Hope I'm not breaking any rules or laws by doing this. If so I'm sorry. Just felt it was necessary to share...

"First of all a BIG thanks to my "host" for the day....GTTerrific. A more passionate, knowledgeable, loyal fan you'll never find.

I drove up from the spring break infested PCB for this little sabbatical and it was WELL worth it. Just to hang out on the field....meet some of the players, see the coaches up close, etc was a real thrill. Met some cool diehard fans that post here and elsewhere (like ylojk8, Putnam Bee, Kennesaw Kid, CrackerJacket, T-Squared,and several more)

Please note that I'm not anywhere CLOSE to being a football expert and I've never done this before, but....as far as the players themselves, Hatch was indeed all-that. He seems to have his old speed back and he's not afraid to hit a hole. I was also pleasantly surprised by Nate Curry. He didn't have as many catches as some, but he seems back to his old form as well. He was open more often than not, and I don't remember him dropping any balls. To have these two important skill players back was MORE than worth the trip!!

Debo seems to be "getting it" at QB. He seems to be taking command of the position, showing leadership, and good decision making. Again I'm no expert, but he seems to be on his way. Suggs did OK and Pena wasn't too bad either (when the defenders weren't in his face)

Our first team offensive line (WITHOUT) Nat or Leon, seems to be holding their own so to speak. Evidently they've improved a good bit and were able to hold off the d-line pretty well. Hargove is a hitter and he made some great plays (including a strong hit on a quick pass to either the TE or FB coming out of the backfield). Overall though our defensive line play was not all that strong (and coach Spencer let them know it!) Coaches were subbing in and out a good bit, but still the offense came to play today and moved the ball several times down the field and though I think they only scored one TD ( a great grab by J. Smith) they moved the ball well on several drives. The defensive backfield seemed to do a pretty good job as well. Pretty athletic bunch.

That's about all I can recollect after a full day of practice and driving back to the beach. If you live in or near Atlanta, you owe it to yourself to check out a weekend practice (or at least the spring game!). It's a real treat that many like myself aren't able to enjoy very often."

Thanks JacketFan!

Man i'm glad to see hatch and Dbo starting to turn it up a bit.GREAT REPORT FOR A FIRST TIMER !!!!!!!! THANKS KEEP IT UP IF YOU CAN!

thanks, that was encouraging to hear about curry and hatch....now, how bout a beach report?

Back