My Life As A GT Fan....

MsTechAnalysis

Jolly Good Fellow
After 29 years of having to cope with Dawg fans, Clemson, Alabama, Auburn, Wake, Duke, etc. We're now having to cope with our own ...., the twists and turns in the life of a GT fan!
wink.gif

The road is long and it maybe I winding road ...
That leads to who knows where.
The Beatles - 'Long and Winding Road' - (sometime in the late 60's)!

This road has been filled with wonderful memories of games gone by, even in defeat. It has been a road that lead me to meet some wonderful friends, alums, players and even coaches. Many, many fun times in spite of some serious losing seasons. Some memorable times with unexpected endings both good and bad - good is BEST!

It took me to places where I cheered as hard for the gold and white as I did at home - sometimes more! The road took me to a doctor or two because of laryngitis and lost my voice for over a week - more then once! The road taught me the songs that I can sing in my sleep AND learned in sign language: Up With The White and Gold and Ramblin Wreck.

The road in '85 was great. We had a 'Beat Georgia Party', invited the entire team the week before - almost 200 people and the house was still standing in the end and the decorations were a site to behold! Every hour the DJ played our 2 favorites songs and everyone stopped talking, drinking their favorite beverages, dancing, eating and stood at attention to sing on those 2 great songs! UNBELIEVABLE TIME and lots of goose bumps when it happened - the players grouped together like a choir!

And Gary Lee said - "I'll make sure we win this game MsTA" - who can forget him coming out of the fog!!!! Ted Roof, Pat Swilling and Ricardo Ingram were the fellas that helped and every player there appreciated being appreciated! Great memories on film and wonderful to look at now!

It took me to places where bottles were thrown at me and vulgarities spewed my way. Where my 5 year old got a taste for the words 'hated rivalries' and the finger at an early age. Where my car was trashed and my GT hat stolen by a Notre Dame fan, but held steadfast in my support - in spite of!

We reveled in the wins and cried with the losses. We made friends with strangers in the stands because they wore the gold and white and you connected. You may not see them all year long but when you meet again after 12 months - you connect like family. Our kids and their kids grew up together - heck we grew up together!

They were couples when you first met, were engaged the next season, married the next and having a family thereafter. You hug and shake hands like you see them every day - because we're GT fans! You talk about what's been going on and reaquaint yourselves after the long vacation from GT football!

You see ... it really doesn't matter what is said and who the coach is ... this is what being a fan is and what matters.

It's that long winding road - that always comes back and in Sept. when we get together again against Auburn every fan who has similar memories, feelings and support will continue the tradition and cheer for the White and Gold!

Isn't that the way it's suppose to be - it is in my household!
drinking.gif

Great post! Looks like someone's becoming more optimistic...or at least trying to be.

Mstech...Good post....I havent meant to be personal in my rebuttals to you..Please understand that..Im just REAL concerned that recruits and parents of recruits come on this board..Go TECH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MsTA, thanks for providing the insight
of what it feels like to be a true GT
fan!

Great post!

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Mstech...Good post....I havent meant to be personal in my rebuttals to you..Please understand that..Im just REAL concerned that recruits and parents of recruits come on this board..Go TECH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Stuff like that happens, but what does it matter. Every school has the same problems on these boards, it's nothing new, and frankly I don't think it hurts or helps recruiting in any way. If a recruit is basing his decision on what is being said on a message board, do we really want that kid to begin with????

MSTA, as I can certainly be critical of most of your posts, i can also tell you when you make a good post.

Good post.

Okay, fess up, who stole MsTA's keyboard and typed this post? The Martians have landed and the first person they took over was MsTA.

Just kidding, MsTA!

Good post

Two GT season ticket packages: $370.00
Lunch for two at the Varsity: $15.00
Trip to the GT bookstore: $75.00
Slapping fives and cheering on the
Jackets with people whom you've traded
viscious posts and hateful sentiments on
StingTalk: PRICELESS

GO Jackets!!!

This is the stuff that transcends personal disagreements and truly matters in the big picture. Great post, MsTA.

Well, goooh ohhhh leeeee!!!!!

drinking.gif

I did not believe that you were ever going to post something good again, ms ta. Just goes to show that all things are possible.
blue.gif

Methinks the lot of you,
Dost either feign or fawn;
Thy speeches shine,
But from thine heart are they born?
Discern the shinola from the s..t,
Too late, I fear, for some have bit.
wink.gif

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
I've always said I was a fan - that has never changed in spite of anything else.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good post.

You should put more energy into posts like this
instead of tearing things down.

I can attest to MTA....she and I go WAY BACK...and I do know that she is a Tech Fan...I may Bleedgold, but this woman has a golden heart!
I drink this drink to YOU!
drinking.gif

Ms. T.A., thanks for the inspiring post. Thank you also for what you have done for the team and program over the years.

Keyboard to keyboard communication has many limitations.
You have one of the greatest traits of being a true Tech fan; stubborness!

I hope we are both satisfied with this version of the best months of any year.

Here's to the one thing I'm sure we will agree on: GO JACKETS!, To Hell With Georgia!

Back