My number one demand from Geoff Collins..

No question tackling has been awful. I am sure CGC and Thacker have seen all that tape. I expect immediate improvement in that area.

I'm not an unreasonable man. I'll settle for ACCCG appearances this year and next, winning them by year three and beyond, and Playoffs by year five.

1- 3 year goals not as meaningful, and 5th year goal not possible unless goal in post above yours isaccomplished.

I’m excited to see our defensive players finally practice against a traditional offense.

I think practicing against the option in the off-season tremendously hurt the program. Our defensive players could never gain skills or progress.

I’m excited to see our defensive players finally practice against a traditional offense.

I think practicing against the option in the off-season tremendously hurt the program. Our defensive players could never gain skills or progress.

This is so true. I am extremely excited about this development.

So practicing against our option offensive players caused arm tackles?

Damn you CPJ!!!!

Well it’s not like PJs non football playing self was teaching anybody the fundamentals of tackling...
The only way CGC will improve tackling is by recruiting players who can do it when they get here. No coach at Tech taught Roof, Burnett, Coleman, Swilling, etal to tackle---they could do it when they got off da bus. Tackling fundamentals is almost as hard as coaching speed or height, because the guy they are trying to tackle is moving, unlike a dummy or during an Oklahoma drill (close quarters). Now being in the right place helps, that's coaching, but the target is still moving.

The only way CGC will improve tackling is by recruiting players who can do it when they get here. No coach at Tech taught Roof, Burnett, Coleman, Swilling, etal to tackle---they could do it when they got off da bus. Tackling fundamentals is almost as hard as coaching speed or height, because the guy they are trying to tackle is moving, unlike a dummy or during an Oklahoma drill (close quarters). Now being in the right place helps, that's coaching, but the target is still moving.
The previous regime placed little value on defense, defensive coaching, or defensive player recruitment. We may see improvement on defense, but it could be counterbalanced by a less productive offense and diminished time of possession---at least in the short term.

Teaching and coaching tackling fundamentals is not hard. As the coach, you have to emphasize it.

Back